Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
Seamonkey
Visitor

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Hi

I tapped the snooze button on the alarm app on my new Z1 this morning and the screen is now blank but has some brightness to it, however I am unable to switch off/ on. The rest switch under the SIM cover also has no effect. Any ideas?

71 REPLIES 71
Nqatha
Visitor

Thanks. Your response saved my phone today Slightly_smiling_Face

maeann
Visitor

hi! good day... just want to ask what to do with my phone. this morning while surfing in the net my phone just hang and i cant turn it off . i try to press the on/off switch but it doesnt work. even trying to connect  my charger it didnt response anyway. what should i do? thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

muzafferabbasi
Visitor

Thank Uhh So Much

xperialove007
Visitor

Slightly_smiling_Face

sobers55
Visitor

i've tried with  power and vol up button several times but its not working at all,my phone is dead for 5 hours please help me

Nabeel
Master

Hello

Charge your phone for more than 10 hours and then try to switch it on by following the first post here.

AaronJain
Visitor

You better restore you phn with pc companion.. But before connecting to pc companian pls restore it to factory setting as it may b a software glitch
O_Fark
Visitor

This happens to me at lease once a week. There are two options for me, I can reset the phone. I use the onscreen restart. I know this sounds counter-intuative, but the screen goes black however if I hold the power button I still get the shutdown dialog. After it starts restarting the screen does come back but it's too late, it's restarting.

The other option is to just wait. The screen comes back eventually. I don't know when but I press the power button and all is fine again. However a restart is quicker.

I do know when it's going to happen as the phone slows down like the CPU is busy, then it just blacks out like it doesn't have the resources to do screen.

Andy19
Visitor

Hi guys I brought sony experia z1 before 9 months and if I charge 100% and after 30min if I use means mobile charge will go automatically 0% and it will stop automatically and shut down itself and I am full tired about this problem
InsertNameHere
Visitor

Hi Andy 19,

I've experienced this same issue for months with no help from Sony on addressing it. If you read my post you'll see all the methods of troubleshooting I've tried so far and their results. I'm waiting for my new battery to arrive, should be another 4-6 weeks. Hopefully the new battery will solve the issue once and for all. I'll post on this forum what happens.