Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
Seamonkey
Visitor

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Hi

I tapped the snooze button on the alarm app on my new Z1 this morning and the screen is now blank but has some brightness to it, however I am unable to switch off/ on. The rest switch under the SIM cover also has no effect. Any ideas?

71 REPLIES 71
Kkz
Visitor

Thanks for solution.

mehrajshafi
Visitor

My sony z1 is not going on please tell me what should i do
Heather1234
Visitor

Holding the power button and up volume is not fixing my phone Slightly_frowning_Face any other suggestions?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Heather1234, welcome to our community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly_frowning_Face

You can try and force a shut down of the phone if you open up the cover for the SD card slot in your phone.

force shut down

1. Use the tip of a pen or a similar object, press and hold down the OFF button.
  2. After your device emits a series of quick vibrations, release the OFF button. The device turns off automatically.

Try powering on your device again.

If you still can't power it on, try removing the SIM and/or SD card and see if you are able to power it on after unmounting these.

Make sure that your Xperia™ device is charged. If the battery is drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for your device to respond to the charging.  Also note that it can take up to 4 hours for a drained battery to charge fully.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

pouredwhiskey
Visitor

Thanks for the solution. But, I have some questions dear Xperia User. First one is I use Xperia Z1, so which version of Xperia do you use?

Second one is how should I follow this way? Firstly, will I shut my telephone down with 1 vibration? When I close it down what shall I do? When my phone is closed, should I start it again or while It is closed should I do the second -3 Vibration- way at the same time? Can you make it open more?

Thank you.

Turanagasama
Visitor

New installation Android 

sk602485
Visitor

Hi,

I am Using Sony Z1 from 1 year but i don't have any problem ... But before 2-3  mobile Hanging problem start... In One day my mobile 5-6 time hang..

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation!

@pouredwhiskey, It's recommended that you always install the latest available updates for your device. The latest available software for Xperia Z1 is Android 5.1.1.

If you experience that the phone is not reacting, you can force a restart by holding down the power button and volume up button at the same time, you will now receive a couple of vibrations and the phone will be powered off and you can power it on again using the power button.

If you just want to power your phone off, press and hold the power button and tap on "Shut down".

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

@Turanagasama, I'm not quite sure that I understand what your question is. If you want to reinstall the latest available software in your phone I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Do note that the software repair will delete all data stored on the internal storage of your phone so creating a backup using Xperia Companion before you start with the repair is advised.

@sk602485, sorry to hear about that.

If I understand correctly you are not experience any unexpected behaviour with your Xperia Z1, is that correct? If that is the case, I'm very happy to hear about that and let know if there is anything I can assist you with! Slightly_smiling_Face

Ajaychandel6488
Visitor

@Seamonkey wrote:

Hi

I tapped the snooze button on the alarm app on my new Z1 this morning and the screen is now blank but has some brightness to it, however I am unable to switch off/ on. The rest switch under the SIM cover also has no effect. Any ideas?

How I can update my z1

Jonas
Master

Hi @Ajaychandel6488, welcome to our forum!

There is two different ways to update your device.

The first one is to do it directly in your device in Settings > About phone > Software update. I'd recommend that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network when you do this, otherwise mobile data will be used when downloading the update and depending on how much data you have in your subscription plan you may run out.

The second option is to connect your phone to a computer and download the Xperia Companion program and update the device that way. You can download Xperia Companion on the link below.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia-companion/

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face