Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
Seamonkey
Visitor

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Hi

I tapped the snooze button on the alarm app on my new Z1 this morning and the screen is now blank but has some brightness to it, however I am unable to switch off/ on. The rest switch under the SIM cover also has no effect. Any ideas?

71 REPLIES 71
bcfcbabe1875
Visitor

i had the same problem. I sent my phone to repair. they wouldnt fix phone and voided my warenty im not under going big complants etc so trying to find as much details about faults on the phone, if you get the same dnt just pay the excess on the insurance fight like me Slightly_smiling_Face

Postmanx1
Visitor

Thanks so much. Only a few weeks before I had lost my phone and now that this happened I thought I would have to buy a new one
TwanK
Visitor

Hi,

I bought a Sony Xperia Z1 in the Netherlands the beginning of this year. scince then I have used it several times to make underwater photos, or just photos from inside a pool. 3 days ago I've left for a half year abroad in Singapore. And yesterday in the swimmingpool my Sony Xperia Z1 decided to stop working. After I've let it dry for a day its screen is black, but everything else (the notification light, dropbox auto-upload, bluetooth, touchscreen, etc.) works. As you understand, under normal conditions I would have send my phone back to the seller (saturn.nl), but that is not possible in this situation. So I hope I might get any advise here.

Her3tiC
Visitor

It happend to me too... Today i was playing Clash of Clans, and after i lost connection, ive left the game and tried to enter it again.. The loading screen appeared and loading was successfull but, when the loading bar was full it just frozed, and stayd there for quite a while.. I tried holding the power button but nothing happend, than tried the reset button near the sim card and the phone rebooted propery, and started to work again...

All in all, the phone is great, but the software is buggy and crappy... camera stops working, says that its not available at the moment.. lol what? it went to the bathroom lol... Apps crashes etc.. SONY, don't let google experiment with their software and your phones...

Butterfly3707
Visitor

I had black screen this morning and panicked! Thank god for this thread!!! I've never had this happen. I learned something new. Thank you

Very disapointing...

this is happending since the last 4.4.4 Upgrade.... I hat it... because its happening randomly over night when i have it in the Sony Docking Station DK32 so i almost can not use the phone as alarm any more because when its in that state than it does not ring... and it seems its happening more and more...

When is this finialy picked up by Sony ??  so it gets addressed?

WhoAmI
Visitor

Same issue. Since 4. 4. 4 it blackout randomly and frequently. Please fix or advise how I can revert back to last stable version pls.
TrungAnh
Visitor

Just happend to me. Power button + Volume up fix it Slightly_frowning_Face 

subbyx
Visitor

i have a sony xperia z1 and it has a blank screen when i  click the power button and tap the screen i can hear the touches but the screen wont turn on i dont know what it is some ideas is that it is either the lcd or the lcd flex cable.

Tags (1)
shhavedAussie
Visitor

thanks now works perfectly.:smileyhappy: