Join now - be part of our community!

Dead pixels?

Benita10
Visitor

Dead pixels?

I have black and white lines all the way down the right side of my screen wide enough to block the time. When my phone gets down to low battery they disappear and the screen appears to be fine again but they always come back. I tried factory resetting the phone but it did not help.

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @Benita10, I'm sorry to hear about your phone and for the late reply.

How low is the battery level in your phone when these lines disappear from the screen?

Based on the troubleshooting that you have already done on your own it does sound like it's related to hardware and not software. I would however recommend that you try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This is a bit different from a factory reset since it will also reinstall the latest available software in your phone.

Do note that all data stored on the internal storage will be removed when performing such a repair, so before you start with the repair process, it's advised to backup using Xperia Companion.

If there is no change after the software repair has been completed, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will arrange a repair for you.

Once again, sorry for the late reply.

Benita10
Visitor

I did also try using the computer companion to do a reset and still nothing. Once it gets down to 4% battery the pixels are fine

Jonas
Master

Hi again, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the information!

To be honest with you I have never heard/seen about this before and I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

Make sure that you are as precise as possible in the error description and that you mention that everything is fine at very low battery percentage.

Keep me posted!