Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
Seamonkey
Visitor

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Hi

I tapped the snooze button on the alarm app on my new Z1 this morning and the screen is now blank but has some brightness to it, however I am unable to switch off/ on. The rest switch under the SIM cover also has no effect. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Press and hold the power button + Volume Up button for

5 seconds > ( 1 Vibration ) Force restart

10 Seconds > ( 3 Vibrations ) Force shutdown

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71
Nabeel
Master

Press and hold the power button + Volume Up button for

5 seconds > ( 1 Vibration ) Force restart

10 Seconds > ( 3 Vibrations ) Force shutdown

Raghunaathan
Visitor

Dont worry.  there seems to be a software glitch associated with almost all the applications lauch and close.  This happened to me too yesterday morning for no reason.  

As suggested by another user, just keep pressing Volume UP button and POWER button together for a few seconds.  You will feel 3 soft and successive vibrations.  Then wait for a few seconds.  Again connect your device with a power outlet for a few minutes before pressing the power button to restart your device.

This is what I did and since then, my device is running perfectly.  Try this and reply me.  

LeeBatley
Visitor

perfect thanks a lot buddy

LeeBatley
Visitor

i took out my sim once to rectify this problem and it restarted the handset but this is the pro way thanks again 

mberdych
Visitor

Hi, this happened to me as well today (bought the phone yesterday). Is there any fix coming for this problem? 

SergioPL1
Contributor

I've got the same issue two times.

One time Sunday morning. I entered the car (bluetooth connection), connected charger (I always charge the phone during long trips - this one was 600km). Screen went on, then after a minute, when it should go dark it started flickering (black bars around the lock screen for few seconds) and then went dark with backlit on. I restarted the phone using PWR+VolUP combination and it was fine.

Same day at the evening (I was using QX10 very often that evening) I turned on internal camera by long pressing shutter button, camera app started and suddenly the screen went dark. Solution as above.

It never behave like this before and (hopefuly) after. Firmware is up to date.

I don't have any idea for the solution but want to report that I had similar problem too. I don't know specific steps to reproduce it Slightly_frowning_Face

Visitor

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on this problem is happend on my Z1.  I dont understand how could this happend. Worst......!!

Harmzzy
Visitor

There is a tiny RED button next to the sim tray. Press this button in for a second or two THEN press the power button to turn on the phone. This worked for me but my phone needed charging before I could turn it on. Hope this helps

Vivi_17
Visitor

Hi folks. My Z1 is only two weeks old. I charged it last night and left it on my bed while i went for a shower, heard a whatsapp msg came in and when i went to check the phone it wont turn on. Black screen and none of the button work to revive it not even putting int he charger. 

I did however use the rest button under the sim car area and this wored. Just incase others are having the same issue try the reet button under the sim area.