Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

SOLVED
nizal_shar
Visitor

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

Hi

Have xperia z. I had liked to wash it in water several times and mobile phone worked great but today when I washed it in water properly closed all external covers as usual but my phone's speaker got damaged. I am very disappointed from sony. However I have got two xperia z mobiles one for me and one for my little brother. This is ridiculous having very expensive phones. But one of them got damaged in water. Now should I again get rid of sony mobiles again. So bad

NIZAL AHMED

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FI.title
mimarti22
New

Sheesh. It's not damaged. Let the phone dry out a few hours. The speaker will come back to life.

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
profile.country.FI.title
mimarti22
New

Sheesh. It's not damaged. Let the phone dry out a few hours. The speaker will come back to life.

GeoffH
Enthusiast

what is it with you people - does it say anywhere in the manual to wash the phone with the dishes - seriously

nizal_shar
Visitor

Than what to do in water. I think God doesnt rain everyday or etc. Was getting fun of water resistance

nizal_shar
Visitor

I have done this dear. Not progress yet

TheEntelexia
Explorer

Its water resistant...not water proof. Don't treat it as 'I have an Xperia Z I can take it in the pool with me and take pics weeeee'....its water resistant which means if you accidently spill your drink on it while your at lunch its not gonna destroy it....people really need to understand that and stop pushing the phones capabilities by 'washing it'

Some people have recorded that it has taken up to 3 days for the speaker to return back to normal so patience is required if you directly got water in the speaker, you could try also using a container of rice to draw the water out.

Hope you get your phone working again ~

Neverextream
Visitor

Happened with me today as well Dizzy_Face

and no I wasn't trying to wash the phone,spill water accidentally !

Hope it's not damaged 😐

Ronaldfromholla
Visitor

wash the phone in water several times? You think its some kind of cloth?Tried the washing machine allready on 90 celsius? How smart can one be, washing the phone!

nizal_shar
Visitor

I think most of you are getting wrong direction of washing my phone. I have just put some water on phone 2/3 times. I did not got my phone washed in washing machine or etc.

however this discussion should guide someone regarding this issue not to make some wrong meanings of words. my phone is now ok and thanks to everybody who wanted to help me in real time not to make some funny phrases.

GeoffH
Enthusiast

I put mine in the dishwasher to clean as directected in the manual - it comes out all shiney like my cups - not too hot now be careful lol