Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

SOLVED
nizal_shar
Visitor

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

Hi

Have xperia z. I had liked to wash it in water several times and mobile phone worked great but today when I washed it in water properly closed all external covers as usual but my phone's speaker got damaged. I am very disappointed from sony. However I have got two xperia z mobiles one for me and one for my little brother. This is ridiculous having very expensive phones. But one of them got damaged in water. Now should I again get rid of sony mobiles again. So bad

NIZAL AHMED

45 REPLIES 45
to_arif92
Visitor

Is there any chance that the speaker can be damaged parmamently?

Mine is giving low volume for 2 days now after i washed it with full  speed Tap. Is your Z back to normal? I am really worried that i may  have damaged the speaker permanently ??!!

Rushipatil48
Visitor

my xperia z speakers volume is low
I wait for 7days bt it doesn't come back to the normal
plzz help me
Visitor

i just washed my phone under running tap water n i faced the same problem low volumne but i waited for like 30mins then it started to go back to normal Thank Goodness! ^^

JennyMarieP
Visitor

Actually Sony claim the phone to be WATERPROOF up to 1.5 metres. In fact in their advert they submerge the phone in a cup of water.
So it's not so hilarious that one might put it under the tap.
I believe that the speaker can take a few hours to go back to normal after getting wet.
Steveixvii
Visitor

I regularry wash my z3c with soap with no damage.no issues
Almin99
Visitor

Please explain that rice thing... I'm a little confused?