Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

SOLVED
nizal_shar
Visitor

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

Hi

Have xperia z. I had liked to wash it in water several times and mobile phone worked great but today when I washed it in water properly closed all external covers as usual but my phone's speaker got damaged. I am very disappointed from sony. However I have got two xperia z mobiles one for me and one for my little brother. This is ridiculous having very expensive phones. But one of them got damaged in water. Now should I again get rid of sony mobiles again. So bad

NIZAL AHMED

45 REPLIES 45
kentleejoon
Visitor

I like washing my phone especially in front my friends to show off its capabilities.  However after today washing speaker felt weird.  Thank god I am not the only one experiencing this.. Shall wait a few days and see what happens. Thank you.

TheEntelexia
Explorer

Try not to constantly wash the phone or rather cover the speaker with your thumb while you are 'showing off', its still a piece of technology after all, water and phones don't mix well. You shouldn't need to wait days for it to dry out, maybe perhaps a day in a warmer, dry climate, longer in others.

Goodluck

GeoffH
Enthusiast

were you wearing leather thigh boots and a thong at the time :smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh:

seriously dude - keep you mobile phone away from water - read the maual for cleaning instructions and they don't involve fairy liquid - Winking_Face

Hamxa
Visitor

Yesterday I spilt some water over my phone by accident and the Damn loud speaker just went haywire. Shrill sounds and all that. I think its damaged no don't know what the hell to do!

Hamxa
Visitor

How long did it take your phone to become normal again?

TheEntelexia
Explorer

The first and only time I got my speaker wet it took only 4 hours to dry out. Some users are saying that it can take up to 4 days depending on the climate and how much water has actually settled inside the speaker area. There are a few things you can do to speed up the process as using a vacuum, hair dryer, rice and well...blowing on it lol

I haven't heard of anyone reporting shreeks and shrill sounds after being submerged, perhaps you've damage the phone somehow. you won't be able to tell untill it dries out suffeciently

Hamxa
Visitor

Spilling just a little water and completely submerging the phone are very different.  Anywhooo I blowed into it lol but no luck. The speaker plays stuff but its not clear like 80% I can't understand it and 20% I can if the volume is on minimum lol. What about the rice?  I don't get that!

Hamxa
Visitor

Plus the average trmp here is 29 degrees Celsius.

kingsrook14
Visitor

Sony Xperia Z's water resistance tested; lives up to IP57 certification

The speaker does sound muffled afterwards but it takes 1-2 hours to dry. A little blow and cleaning with tissues will do.

I bought the phone BECAUSE it's IP57 certified, which means you can wash it anytime. Lookup IP 57 certification.... Google is a friend

nizal_shar wrote:

Hi

Have xperia z. I had liked to wash it in water several times and mobile phone worked great but today when I washed it in water properly closed all external covers as usual but my phone's speaker got damaged. I am very disappointed from sony. However I have got two xperia z mobiles one for me and one for my little brother. This is ridiculous having very expensive phones. But one of them got damaged in water. Now should I again get rid of sony mobiles again. So bad

NIZAL AHMED

grantd
Visitor

That was scary; phone took a freak wave at the beach. Rinsed it off, the phone was fine, but the speaker wasn't...I could hardly hear anything. Couldn't wait for it to dry out...so I used a hair dryer. Took a couple of minutes...but it's all back to normal now. Thank god for that.