Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

SOLVED
nizal_shar
Visitor

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

Hi

Have xperia z. I had liked to wash it in water several times and mobile phone worked great but today when I washed it in water properly closed all external covers as usual but my phone's speaker got damaged. I am very disappointed from sony. However I have got two xperia z mobiles one for me and one for my little brother. This is ridiculous having very expensive phones. But one of them got damaged in water. Now should I again get rid of sony mobiles again. So bad

NIZAL AHMED

45 REPLIES 45
Julio_Spinoza
Visitor

Is not damaged, if you can hear the speaker no matter the volume is fine, just some water went to the space between the speaker and the plastic, you will have to wait until the water dry, it happens to me very often...

ElmarN
Visitor

Please take a look at:

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z-5204.php

If you read carefully, you'll see it's water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. Which implies a little more than your accidental spill of water.

Now stop treating us risk-taking people as morons for trying something which is supposed to be possible.

Sincerely,

Elmar

GeoffH
Enthusiast

"risk taking morons"

now there's a quote and a half lol - my bike does 320kph................

It's nice to have a phone that resists water - mine has not touched a drop in 3 weeks of ownership and I intend to keep it that way

Georgyboy
Visitor

Why is everyone saying it's only for if you spill your drink on it?? Who spills 1meter high worth of drink for half an hour onto there phone?!

Delizo
Visitor

I dono if you ask me this whole speaker thing is irritating i put my phone in like 15cm of water for like a minute and this speaker has been soft for more than 24 hours! The sound comes and goes when i blow into or suck the speaker hole but yeah once it comes right im never putting in water again!!

jirruto
Visitor

I have  the some problem,  my speaker is damage my xperia under water for 5 minutes, the volumen in the speaker is to low. Please help me.

Julio_Spinoza
Visitor

It is not damaged, it just have some water in the speaker, you will have to wait a couple of minutes or hours, it depends. After that your speaker will be the same as always, if you want you can blow some air to the speaker to accelerate the proccess

jirruto
Visitor

No results, 7 days ago. I use a hair dry,  but no results too. Please help me the speaker volumen still very low.

Florin1
Visitor

They may be risk taking. but if it would be so vurnerable to water, sony should not advertise with it.

Florin1
Visitor

I don't think this is such a good idea.
The speaker has a water resistance coating on it, but it still has holes.

If you blow air into it you might get the water trough the coating and damage your phone.