Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

SOLVED
nizal_shar
Visitor

Xperia Z speaker got damaged in water

Hi

Have xperia z. I had liked to wash it in water several times and mobile phone worked great but today when I washed it in water properly closed all external covers as usual but my phone's speaker got damaged. I am very disappointed from sony. However I have got two xperia z mobiles one for me and one for my little brother. This is ridiculous having very expensive phones. But one of them got damaged in water. Now should I again get rid of sony mobiles again. So bad

NIZAL AHMED

45 REPLIES 45
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@geoffh brilliant lol

GeoffH
Enthusiast

did I mention the spin dryer.........ooooops

the speaker will work after that - if you can find it :smileygrin:

GeoffH
Enthusiast

and on a final note ( I laughed at this myself)

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA10479

TheEntelexia
Explorer

I can't help but feel that people here...will actually try that....im afraid of the aftermath

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@entelexia

do you really think someone think using a dishwasher? dryer? or even hair dryer will be a good idea for a water proof phone?

TheEntelexia
Explorer

I certainly don't think its a good idea rather...I believe that some users might lol that is the worrying part

Dyson
Visitor

from my experience..i wash my XZ once a day..

the speaker will be soft..but from wat i see..maximum 3hours and the volume is back at full level...hehe

my friends surprise with wat i doing..haha

TheEntelexia
Explorer

Why do you feel the need to...wash your phone? Your phone is water resistant not water-proof. Washing it everyday really isn't very smart. I'd invest in a microfiber cloth and all you need to do is wipe it down when ever its dirty and ta da...its clean. Also invest in an oleophobic screen protector so your micro fiber cloth works a treat Slightly_smiling_Face

Dyson
Visitor

coz i always play games on my phone..and the phone will become very dusty and dirty..haha

i will try microfiber cloth..=)

but i already applied nillkin screen protector..will it work like charm too?

TheEntelexia
Explorer

Nillkin is a good brand and if they have an anti-fingerprint feature to their screen protector, it should work no problems. I have a Martin Fields oleophobic screen and its lovely Slightly_smiling_Face