Join now - be part of our community!

System incidents (phone restarts)

jeff1414
Visitor

System incidents (phone restarts)

Screenshot_2016-01-07-19-40-40.pngi i already encountered almost 3 system incidents since i purchased my z5. The first one occured last december. I dont know why. But the recent one was when I was playing a game. The phone will first shut down then red light flashes several times then it will reboot. I hope someone will reassure me this will be fixed through software updates and the price of this phone is no joke. I wont accept this happening to it.  Thank you in advance!

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In this case you should stop by your Local support. Was the device really hot when restarting?

alexdon
jeff1414
Visitor

Normally hot I assume, and I dont think its because of its overheat protection since the restart was counted as "system incident"

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In this case I can only suggest either trying another SIM or stopping by your local support.

alexdon
SebastianD
Contributor

Jeff I think you should send your device to the local support.

I don't have a Z5, but I have a Z5 Compact (pretty similar specs) and never had a restart in 2-3 months

jeff1414
Visitor

Last January 16 I send my phone to local support, all they did is what they called "more advance" software repair. Still the day after it did restart again! Now I had my phone for software diagnosis almost a week from now still no news from the technical team. I am now demanding a phone replacement if they suggest hardware inspection since I dont want my phone to be opened because its brand new. Why would they open it.

Zx_Rui07
Visitor

I have this incident happen for much more times than you. I ask some questions about it. Sony says it should be software problem and ask me to do a software repair via pc companion
jeff1414
Visitor

But it didnt solve the problem. The first one was done by me, second was the the service center of sony. But both failed. Now Im pissed off its almost 2 weeks since I have it for diagnosis still no news. And my madness of demanding a new one really upscales each day.

jeff1414
Visitor

I just follow-up my phone today and here is what they did. They replaced my phone battery and did a software update. While I just mentioned in my Job Order description is for software diagnosis and NO FOR REPAIR. Now I am demanding a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@jeff1414

You have to contact them directly as this is a user based forum.

jeff1414
Visitor

I know, I am just saying my experience from the support service.