Join now - be part of our community!

System incidents (phone restarts)

jeff1414
Visitor

System incidents (phone restarts)

Screenshot_2016-01-07-19-40-40.pngi i already encountered almost 3 system incidents since i purchased my z5. The first one occured last december. I dont know why. But the recent one was when I was playing a game. The phone will first shut down then red light flashes several times then it will reboot. I hope someone will reassure me this will be fixed through software updates and the price of this phone is no joke. I wont accept this happening to it.  Thank you in advance!

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Any suggestions @alexdon?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I still think it might be something you have installed. But I will get back with some information soon. Have you also tried a software repair?

@jeff1414 Also, can you remove the SIM and see if the restarts still occur? Is there a microSD card in the device too?

alexdon
jeff1414
Visitor

Ok Ill try the software repair. Ill update you what will happen next. But please update me too if you get back some information that you are saying.

Yes I have a Micro SD card, a 128gb sandisk class 10. I remember the first time I inserted this card to my phone, it gets too slow/laggy until I format the sd card through my phone. Now it works perfectly. I can't just remove my sim card and waiting when the restart again to happen. I just bought this phone last early december. And it happens 3 times in approx. 1 month span. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

3 restarts/month is not much and it can also be caused by hardware fault (battery for example). But let's try the repair first.

alexdon
bobix
Visitor

Same here on no usage phone led blinks few times red and then restart.

Full factory reset with nothing installed won't helped.

Swingking
Visitor

Same here, had the phone for about 3-4 month now and I'd say the phone restarts approx 3-4 times a month - I'm not a "heavy user", just phone, sms a couple of apps and some radio / music streaming. Also tried factory reset 2-3 times and added the available firmware updates.. I might add that I seldom shots down the phone myself, it usally runs 24/7, but again seldom with "high load".

Looking forward to Marshmallow, that might solve the issue?

jeff1414
Visitor

I now did a software repair. Ill be monitoring this for a week or so.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Good. Keep us updated.

alexdon
bobix
Visitor

Answer from Sony.

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support.

In this case we ask you to try with another SIM-card. If you still having the same problem we recommend you to have your device sent in to one of our authorized service centers. The easiest way to have it sent in is by contacting your retailer and ask them to assist you in sending it in.

jeff1414
Visitor

@alexdon Just today my phone again restarted. I was just turning off my wifi hotspot, lte and mobile data then suddenly it stops responding then again it turned off with red light flashing then restarted.