Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia loses signal and not getting it back

adamjune1989
Visitor

Sony Xperia loses signal and not getting it back

Hello,

I have a problem with my Sony Z2.

If I get in an area where there is no coverage, when I get back to an area where there is coverage from my network, the phone does not connect back to the network.

I have tried to connect by selecting the network provider manually, restarted the phone, re-inserted the sim card, NOTHING.

When I try to connect manually, I get a message, saying "could not connect, please try later".

I tried putting it in airplane mode, put it back on normal mode, restart it in airplane mode, disaple aiplane mode, NOTHING. I have tried to connect to other networks, NOTHING.

I am on the edge of smashing it to pieces, as I can't use it anyway.

Does anyone have any ideea how to fix this ?

I have wi-fi connectivity for the next few hours, if I need to download something in order to fix it.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@adamjune1989

You need to test another SIM card on your phone to make sure if it's a fault in the phone or it's the SIM card which is acting up.

adamjune1989
Visitor

I have inserted the sim card in another phone and it works without problems.

adamjune1989
Visitor

I have tried connecting manually, automatic, still nothing, no signal.

I have tried 2g, 3g, 4g networks, nothing.

If I take the sim card out, put it in another phone, it gets a signal. I put the sim card back in the Sony, it gets a signal. I go to a spot without signal, and get back to a spot with signal, it doesn't connect anymore.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@adamjune1989

Still, to make sure what's the problem, you need another SIM card to be tested in your Z2.

adamjune1989
Visitor

The sim card that was inserted in the Sony has been tested in another phone (Samsung) and it works, it connects immediately to the network.

adamjune1989
Visitor

Never mind, I just smashed the phone. Never getting a Sony again. Too many issues with it.