Join now - be part of our community!

sync contacts with facebook

SOLVED
Houdinie
Visitor

sync contacts with facebook

Hi I cannot make my contacts sync with facebook.

I have added my facebook accounts and made sure the filters are correctly set, I have synced the facebook account several times manually, but no profile pictures nore any facebook related data is shown in the contacts.

What have I missed?

45 REPLIES 45
RichiPL
Visitor

Sorry but I've the same problem with Xperia Z5 Compact.
I try all and nothing. I can't see my FBcontact on the list.
komilAD
Visitor

@RichiPL

It seems that feature is being removed from facebook app, so you need to contact facebook app developers regarding this issue.

Obrut
Visitor

It has nothing to do with Facebook. It's OEM's responsibility to implement this feature. Buy a brand new HTC and see if it works (it does). It's Sony's job.
alex_ncfc
Contributor

Does anybody know if Facebook plans to re-introduce this feature? Why on earth would they remove it? I was using it back in 2010 on my Xperia X10 and it has been there ever since!

Bhavesh420
Visitor

There is no such option
gingaming74
Visitor

I have the same problem but mine doesn't show fbook in the accounts to sync. When I try to add it tells me only on fbook account can be added. I've deleted messenger and clean up any crop left behind but still the same. Also with WhatsApp, it shows up as everyone having 2 WhatsApp accounts.
mamericus
Visitor

I'm having the same problem. My contacts and even calendar synced perfectly on my old Xperia S, but on my new Z5, nothing syncs. When I try to manually add the Facebook account from the Contacts app settings menu, I get a message reading only one Facebook account is supported. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?
mamericus
Visitor

After much tinkering and reading forum posts from all over the Web, I am quite certain the problem lies within the stock Sony Contacts app. If I go to Settings-> Accounts and Sync from within the Sony Contacts App, when I try to add Facebook I get the message "Only one Facebook account is supported." This is because the Facebook account is already linked through the Android system's Account Manager (when accessing Accounts from the phone's Settings app, Facebook does appear in the list), yet the contact information in the Contacts app is not updated or synced. If I remove the Facebook account from the phone's Settings app and then try to add it through the Contacts App settings menu, the Facebook app launches and prompts for my login info, and then returns to the Contacts app Accounts and Sync menu, but Facebook is NOT on the list, it is instead added to the phone's Settings->Accounts list again, without ever actually syncing the Contacts information. Sony really needs to fix this ASAP, it ia NOT a Facebook issue, since it works perfectly on other phones and even third party contact apps. I do not know where else to post this complaint since the Sony Contacts app is stock and is not available on the Play store. I will try to contact Sony Support tomorrow and update if the situation changes.
Rickard
Master

@mamericus

If you are able to synchronize contacts with Facebook or not depends on which version of the Facebook app you have. It's not related to our contacts app.

I'm afraid later versions of the Facebook app doesn't synchronize contacts. There was an option for it before in older versions of the app but this was removed some time ago. If you go to Settings -> Accounts -> Facebook, you will probably not have any option for synchronizing contacts here. This depends on the Facebook app itself.

Here's a response from Facebooks help team confirming it's been removed: https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10153485306296293

Satchi
Visitor

Seems this was removed by Facebook and conformed by them on their forum