Join now - be part of our community!

sync contacts with facebook

SOLVED
Houdinie
Visitor

sync contacts with facebook

Hi I cannot make my contacts sync with facebook.

I have added my facebook accounts and made sure the filters are correctly set, I have synced the facebook account several times manually, but no profile pictures nore any facebook related data is shown in the contacts.

What have I missed?

45 REPLIES 45
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You should get in touch with both facebook devs and Local support.

alexdon
Bandolero
Contributor

Hi,

Just to check, did you try to enable your facebook contacts to be shown under your contacts list?

There're cases where the contacts is already synced, but is not display on the list.

Try to go to your contacts list>Navigation menu>Filter>Facebook. Make sure the checkbox is ticked.

Let us know if this works.

Regards.

Houdinie
Visitor

The settings are correct. Will contact local support.
Proday83
Visitor

I have just try to install app, and check this for you. Z5 compact, same app number, same options in setting as you posted. I think that continuous contacts upload is options instead old for contact sync...but i cant try to enable, becouse I dont want my contacts to be sinchronised with fb if it woarks...I lost 3 days while I manually enter picture and birthday in every contact i have!

Houdinie
Visitor

No, the Continous Contacts Upload works the other way, and uploads contacts INTO facebook. however, I've tried to have this option on and off, it makes no differences to the contact list in my phone.

Houdinie
Visitor

@Houdinie wrote:
The settings are correct. Will contact local support.

Local Sony support was unable to help, so now I'm trying to get support from facebook... I suppose that will take a while... Neutral_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Really sorry man. Let me check if I can get some support too.

alexdon
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

So, after checking with some people, it seems that the function might be removed. See here. Look at the first comment.

alexdon
Houdinie
Visitor

Am I correct to interpret this as something that will be added again later on?

Also, this seems to be in relation to a beta version, however I am not a beta tester for facebook...

Rickard
Master

It looks like it has been removed from the version on Google Play as well. I no longer have the option either.

I think it sounds like they're saying that as well but i'm afraid i can't say for sure. When/if the app will sync contacts again depends on Facebook.