Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 UI stopped working and screen goes blank

Monee
Visitor

Z2 UI stopped working and screen goes blank

soooo.... I've been using z2 since 2014 and every things is fine. totally love it! however last month, there is this pop up saying that 'UI system stopped working'. since then, the screenstarted to goes blank every few minutes I'm playing with my phone. the weird thing is, I can still type or even touch the screen(I can even heard video on youtube still played on eventhough the screen has go blank... like it said, only ui stopped but I can still tap home or app screen.

after it goes blank, I just have to lock the screen and then unlock it and tadaaa I still can use it...but of course if I have to do this every 5 secs, it do get on my nerves. imagine I have to lock and unlock screen for every message I send at Whatsapp... Crying_Face I totally love z2...never have probs before but now.... there was that one time where I got lost (I'm recently moving to new house and totally did not know anything about places, road etc) and I try to use google maps and suddenly it blank out on me.... I've been searching for this problem on internet and I didn't find any....their situation almost  same as me but kinda different too.... 

this usually happen when I'm at places that has no air condition at all ( it still happen in air-conditioning room but less) and when I open apps like whatsapp wechat or youtube and other heavy app (games esp).... i have tried restart of course and factory reset too... 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Monee

The only fix for "System UI has stopped working" is performing a software repair using Xperia Companion, and I suggest that you do it as soon as possible because it might get worse eventually and you'll not be able to even unlock the phone. So backup your important data while you still can and use the link provided for a complete guide.

Monee
Visitor

@quester genius thanks a lot! I'll try it!
Purefark
Visitor

Hi Quester,

Today My Z2 went to 'UI has stopped'  notification and it continusly pops up when closed. 

When Z2 restarted, after initializing (after the waves animation) a blank screen appears and immidiately the same UI message appears. 

If some call received or any of whatsapp message received, I can hear the ring and vibrating. So the problem seems like software stucks somewhere at the start point of the softwares become operational for the user.

I tried hard reset but no success.

I tried PC Companion repair but no success. Communication with z2 stops when UI message pops up.

Is there any way to recover this situation or just garbage the device from now on?!

Any of way will be accepted Factory reset, recovery etc...

Thanks & Advance... 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Purefark

How did you perform the software repair using Xperia Companion? If you follow the guide included in my post, you should have your phone charged and turned off before you start.

Purefark
Visitor

Dear Quester,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Just after I post my message to you Companion submit me another option. It May be a result many of aggressive searching at the same time, really I don't know.

As a result suggestion was Turn off the device

after 5 second press and hold - volume button and connect the USB device (don't release the key) and follow the items given by companion.

Anyways, thank you for all your support.

Kind Regards,