Join now - be part of our community!

sync contacts with facebook

SOLVED
Houdinie
Visitor

sync contacts with facebook

Hi I cannot make my contacts sync with facebook.

I have added my facebook accounts and made sure the filters are correctly set, I have synced the facebook account several times manually, but no profile pictures nore any facebook related data is shown in the contacts.

What have I missed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

@mamericus

If you are able to synchronize contacts with Facebook or not depends on which version of the Facebook app you have. It's not related to our contacts app.

I'm afraid later versions of the Facebook app doesn't synchronize contacts. There was an option for it before in older versions of the app but this was removed some time ago. If you go to Settings -> Accounts -> Facebook, you will probably not have any option for synchronizing contacts here. This depends on the Facebook app itself.

Here's a response from Facebooks help team confirming it's been removed: https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10153485306296293

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try settings-apps-all-contacts storage, force stop and clear data. This will delete local contacts. Then try to sync them again.

There is also a setting in facebook app which allows you to sync.

alexdon
Houdinie
Visitor

No success.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Ok, try to clear data for both phone and contacts app and restart the device. Try again to sync.

alexdon
Houdinie
Visitor

Still no luck, and I cannot find anything on syncing contacts in the facebook app. Slightly_frowning_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Go to facebook app, tap on the 3 vertical lines. Scroll down to app settings and select sync contacts.

alexdon
Houdinie
Visitor

@alexdon wrote:

Go to facebook app, tap on the 3 vertical lines. Scroll down to app settings and select sync contacts.

There is no such option.

I've checked everywhere in the facebook app.

There is a "Continuos Contacts Upload", but that is already selected and seems to work the other way.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Houdinie
Visitor

@alexdon wrote:

It looks something like this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-adjust-video-auto-play-settings-facebook-app

yes, I know where to find the settings in the facebook app, there's just nothing on contacts syncing there...

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I have the latest update on my Z2, if you scroll down, the last option is called Sync Contacts. Can't you find that?

alexdon