Join now - be part of our community!

sync contacts with facebook

SOLVED
Houdinie
Visitor

sync contacts with facebook

Hi I cannot make my contacts sync with facebook.

I have added my facebook accounts and made sure the filters are correctly set, I have synced the facebook account several times manually, but no profile pictures nore any facebook related data is shown in the contacts.

What have I missed?

45 REPLIES 45
Houdinie
Visitor

@alexdon wrote:

I have the latest update on my Z2, if you scroll down, the last option is called Sync Contacts. Can't you find that?

This is all I have...
Screenshot_2015-10-11-01-01-07.pngScreenshot_2015-10-11-01-01-13.png

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Just a guess that you might have continuous contacts upload enabled and that's why it won't show up. Not sure though.

@uliwooly do you have other ideas?

alexdon
Houdinie
Visitor

@alexdon wrote:

Just a guess that you might have continuous contacts upload enabled and that's why it won't show up. Not sure though.

Disabling the Continuous Contacts Upload does not change the available options. Slightly_frowning_Face

I just updated from an HTC One (2013) to the Z5 Compact, and I never had any problems with this on the HTC.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Quester Do you have any ideas?

alexdon
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Houdinie

Can you go to Settings -> Apps -> Facebook? Tell us what's your Facebook app version.

Houdinie
Visitor

@Quester wrote:

@Houdinie

Can you go to Settings -> Apps -> Facebook? Tell us what's your Facebook app version.

Version 49.0.0.12.152

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Houdinie

Strange, it's the same as my version yet I have the sync option. Did you try to Uninstall Facebook, restart your phone, then install it again from Play Store?

Houdinie
Visitor

Yes, I've tried that too. Slightly_frowning_Face
komilAD
Visitor

@Houdinie

Have you tried Settings-Accounts-Facebook-Sync Contacts?

Houdinie
Visitor

Yes, no luck.