Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 availability

Jonas
Master

Xperia 1 availability

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 1! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 1 will be available in select markets from late Spring 2019.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

133 REPLIES 133
azzido
Enthusiast

@Aderaldo-23 wrote:

SONY is taking so long to this sales date that I'm willing to think that its strategy is to release an Xperia 1 "version 2" including much more good surprises. Slightly_smiling_Face

Would be great to have it with 8GB of RAM, more ROM, 4000mAh+ battery and headphone jack! 

azzido
Enthusiast

@Andross01 wrote:

Maybe the problem is again some exclusive Samsung-Qualcomm deal that also happened with the XZ Premium. The flagship Snapdragon CPU was not available for mass production for other manufacturers other than Samsung back then in March-May 2017. Or Sony takes a little while longer to check what issues people come up with to not buy the Xperia 1 (no wireless charging, finger print sensor and power button separated, not enough battery power, etc.) to make the phone truly perfect.

This time snapdragon availability should not be the case since sony participated in developing it with qualcomm! It should be clocked higher and be faster on sony. And there are already other brands than shamesung with devices on snap 855 hence it seems it ia not the case.

I hope screen will be brighter than what was shown. Current x1 was less bright than xz3 os shame s9 Slightly_frowning_Face

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

I'm tired of waiting, can not be presented in February and leave at the end of May, when the Xperia 2 comes out in October, only 4 months apart, what is going on? I want that 4k screen OLED now

cc_clock_J
Visitor

I don't know much about global version but release of Japanese carrier version of X1 will be pushed back about a month, possibily by the end of June or begining of July.

This is mainly due to delayed debugging process of camera software. So I think it's the same in the rest of world.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Tyrone123!

I'm afraid that I don't have any new information apart from what I have already published in this thread (late Spring 2019).

I understand that you really want it now and hopefully it will be released very soon! Slightly_smiling_Face

Hi @cc_clock_J, I have not received any information about a delay for the Global market, so late Spring 2019 still is the latest information that I have available, regarding the release of the Global "version" of the Xperia 1!

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

in Japan it always comes out in July

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

I do not know whether to wait for Xperia September 1 in case it brings improvements

AzeeZ3
Visitor

Like all other sony phones its look awesome on paper but when it comes to camera performance . Sony is laging behind. And they will announce the phone early but will not be available in market i dont understand this marketing idea..i love the concepts of xperia 1 and love to have one and because of there poor marketing's strategy we wont get product soon.

Assume if they lunch in month of may then people will buy in month of june then sony will anounce 1 more device in September . Which we cant offered to get again. Because of this strategies they are failed to deliver more units to customers. 

XperiJunkie85
Visitor

There's been a lot of talk of Sony mobile pulling out of Australia. I hope to God that isn't the case as I'm looking forward to upgrading to the Xperia 1 from my XZ2 which I currently have on contact with Telstra.

If anyone can shed any light on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. 

AzeeZ3
Visitor

Yes . Same thing happened with me. No one nows how xperia 1 look a like when it was anounce and when it will available .they now that sony stop making the phones  This is all because bad marketing strategy done by the sony..i was waiting for sony new device and i love the xperia 1 but i cant wait any more now i have to change my phone from xz2 to s10+ and even of ita available we wont get in UAE and India as Sony stop saling there phone in big markets like UAE and India and now definitely there are going to shutt down there mobile manufacturing  department.Hopes they realised there mistake and come up with solutions