Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
JanieD91
Visitor

I'll wait a few more days but think I'll have to do something similar:(

Chippy_boy
Visitor

I think you guys are bailing out prematurely.

It's pretty inconceivable to me that this problem will not be fixed fairly soon. This is Sony and EE we're talking about, both major, reputable organizations.

It would be ridiculous if Carphone warehouse were to continue to sell phones which just do not work.

I'm keeping mine.

PS - why not just switch to Vodafone? You can change the phone within 14 days but you can also keep the phone and switch networks. I'm not doing that myself because I don't want to risk losing the free headphones. But if you're considering returning the phone, you'd do that anyway 

xenite5
New

@Chippy_boy wrote:

I think you guys are bailing out prematurely.

It's pretty inconceivable to me that this problem will not be fixed fairly soon. This is Sony and EE we're talking about, both major, reputable organizations.

It would be ridiculous if Carphone warehouse were to continue to sell phones which just do not work.

I'm keeping mine.

PS - why not just switch to Vodafone? You can change the phone within 14 days but you can also keep the phone and switch networks. I'm not doing that myself because I don't want to risk losing the free headphones. But if you're considering returning the phone, you'd do that anyway 

I understand and I am willing to wait however right now sony doesn't take the blame, EE don't take the blame, carphone warehouse keeps on selling devices don't care

So who will find a solution and sort our problem? Who will release correct update?

PS: my ee plan comes with unlimited text and call and 100 gb data and it is same price with 20 gb plans. Vodafone been chosen worst network in UK, their max data pack is 80 gb and costs a fortune. That's why its hard to give up on ee and Sony. Slightly_frowning_Face I hate being in limbo. 

JanieD91
Visitor

Well it seems the firmware Sony quickly released does fix the issue from what other users have said. It's just super slow for the update to become available to everyone for some reason.

I'll wait another week before I take further action such as returning the phone as faulty,I can't leave my current service provider because I have an unbeatable sim only deal,plus my credit is too **** to get a contract with anyone else. But yea Vodafone seem great for now, for anyone that can switch.

xenite5
New

I am pleased to say that now I have installed the software update and my problem solved. Now I can use 4g and even WiFi calling enabled.

I am glad it has been sorted now.

Ps: update reverts back some settings such as screen etc and some downloaded apps disappeared I needed to install again. Also shortcuts and apps on home page changed. (my own shortcuts were gone phone reverted back to its factory screen) 

JanieD91
Visitor

Yes I also got the update this morning,I haven't had chance to test the issue is resolved yet, but I assume it is Slightly_smiling_Face

bazw
Visitor

Update to .278 cured mine. 4g stable and better signal strength. Faster speedtest too.

Woohooo

drlmiles1
Contributor

My home screen reverted back to as when the phone arrived, but not yet found any apps uninstalled. During the update process it actually said it was installing network operator specific settings - that's what we've needed to sort out the problems with EE

JanieD91
Visitor

My phone didn't change in any visual way as far as I can tell,but didn't notice mine mention network operator settings,was this during installation or after phone restart?

drlmiles1
Contributor

@JanieD91 wrote:

My phone didn't change in any visual way as far as I can tell,but didn't notice mine mention network operator settings,was this during installation or after phone restart?

Phone asked me to restart, then after a short while a brief message came up, stating it was installing network operator specific settings, then the phone restarted again. The whole process was very quick, compared to my XZPremium that takes forever to install an update