Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
drlmiles1
Contributor

As @harunt mentions, part of the network operator specific settings was to setup EE WiFi calling. If the update has gone successfully on your non-EE provided phone, then you should have received an SMS telling you that "Wi-Fi calling is now set up" 

xenite5
New

after phone restart, shortcuts on my home page was gone, phone reverted the screen, wallpaper etc to its initial base. It brought back amazon, netflix, camera apps on home screen and deleted my own apps from there. 

Not a major change i just needed to arrange my shortcuts again Slightly_smiling_Face

To be honest I absolutely don't mind as my 4G and wifi calling is back and phone is faster. I can feel it while using it! and it is great!

JanieD91
Visitor

Dam mine has done none of that,maybe because i'm not direwct with EE though and rather with someone who uses their network. Hoping for the best and glad it's sorted everyone elses out,shame it was a week wait from when thery actually released the firmware.

xenite5
New

@JanieD91 wrote:

Dam mine has done none of that,maybe because i'm not direwct with EE though and rather with someone who uses their network. Hoping for the best and glad it's sorted everyone elses out,shame it was a week wait from when thery actually released the firmware.

Yeah I think that is only for the ones who got their phone from Carphon warehouse and using EE network.

Chippy_boy
Visitor

Hope the problem is fixed but also delighted to have WiFi calling and 4G calling as well. Wasn't expecting that!

xenite5
New

@Chippy_boy wrote:

Hope the problem is fixed but also delighted to have WiFi calling and 4G calling as well. Wasn't expecting that!

Exactly! Last time with my XZ premium I have been told that I need to get my phone from operator to be able to have wifi calling. I am happy that they activated that and I can use it even if I didn't get it from EE.

billson
Visitor

I got mine from o2. Had the update for a few days now and have been using it on EE. Sadly I cant get wifi calling or this VOlte at the top of the screen. Does yours have it?

xenite5
New

@billson wrote:

I got mine from o2. Had the update for a few days now and have been using it on EE. Sadly I cant get wifi calling or this VOlte at the top of the screen. Does yours have it?

Yes unfortunately if you got the phone from a network provider directly, they already built software with their own default settings which you cant revert back to unless you do that "flush" thing people mentioned before. (which voids warranty etc)

However check with EE maybe they can offer help.

TechZilla
Visitor

Received an update this morning on my unbranded Xperia 1 and ee data now working no problems

Benchcaz
Visitor

Update for me too.