Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
Chippy_boy
Visitor

@KGT94 wrote:

Just checked XPERIFIRM. They have the EE ROM. Will get brave and flash it on my O2 device tonight ..

The XP1 is listed, but I don't think the firmware is actually available to download.  When you click on it, it says "The firmware is unavailable! Please choose another firmware."

However, I have never used Xperifirm before and maybe I am doing something wrong, because it seems to say that for all of the firmwares I've looked at for different phones.  Or maybe the server is down or something?

JanieD91
Visitor

Seems ok for me, I'm gonna try it nowDSC_2979.JPG

DSC_2980.JPG

KGT94
Visitor

Downloading fine for me too. 

Please let me know your exact process before I crack on with it... Got 30 mins of downloading left. 

JanieD91
Visitor

Looks like we can't do it,as the flashtool hasn't been updated to include this device yet Slightly_frowning_Face The other Sony flasher called Emma might be able to do it, but I've never used that.

KGT94
Visitor

I'd use Emma but I have a Mac Slightly_frowning_Face

Chippy_boy
Visitor

@JanieD91 wrote:

Seems ok for me, I'm gonna try it nowDSC_2979.JPG

DSC_2980.JPG

Thanks.

I can't see your images, but I click on the XP1 on the left and then choose the version I want in the right hand window. Then click on the firmware ID under the picture of the phone. Then a window pops up showing the firmware details, with Download and Manual buttons. But I get the error message saying the firmware is not available 😞

I tried this on a Mac initially (using mono) but having got this problem, I tried it with my work Windows 10 laptop and got the same thing.

Any ideas?

JanieD91
Visitor

DON'T THINK IT'S POSSIBLE TO DO YET Slightly_frowning_Face

ALTHOUGH WE CAN DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE FROM XPERIMFIRM IT SEEMS WE CAN'T FLASH IT AS FLASHTOOL DOESN'T KNOW THE DEVICE YET,AND AFTER HAVING A QUICK TRY WITH EMMA INSTEAD IT CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE THE BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED.

TRYING TO/UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER IS WAAY TOO RISKY FOR SUCH A NEW DEVICE.

Chippy_boy
Visitor

To unlock the bootloader you need an unlock code from Sony, and checking on the Sony developer site, the XP1 is not listed yet.

So we are stuck for the time being.

JanieD91
Visitor

Yes and even if the code was available,it voids the warranty, which is bad for such a new expensive phone

KGT94
Visitor

Yep. Spent a long time on this tonight, got nowhere. Sadly going to return and get the OP7 Pro instead.