Join now - be part of our community!

Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?

SOLVED
Jonyny
Visitor

Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?

I just read an article that 3 out of 4 (3 in back 1 in front, total 4) camera sensors on Xperia 1 are non-Sony's but Samsung's.

Not that using other suplier's sensor is deal breaker for me, but I just would like to know the fact.

So dear support team, could you tell me what kind of camera sensor(s) Xperia 1 has?

And if possile, could you also tell me why Sony starts using non-Sony sensors?

39 REPLIES 39
ds2mph
Visitor

Main(26mm): Sony Exmor RS IMX445

Tele(52mm): Samsung isocell slim S5K3M3

Wide(16mm): Samsung isocell slim S5K3M3

Front(23mm): Samsung isocell slim S5K4H7

Give me kudos Rolling_on_the_Floor_laughing

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@ds2mph wrote:

Main(26mm): Sony Exmor RS IMX445

Tele(52mm): Samsung isocell slim S5K3M3

Wide(16mm): Samsung isocell slim S5K3M3

Front(24mm): Samsung isocell slim S5K4H7

Give me kudos Rolling_on_the_Floor_laughing

The same rumors source as this one? It's not strange that only Asian's rumors talking about Samsung's sensors, but not all others? Xperia's support agents siad to me that all sensors are Sony's. Here is not mentioned Sony's devices at all. Slightly_smiling_Face

Even Xperia 1 Wikipedia don't writing about Samsung's sensors what will be written if will be true offcours Slightly_smiling_Face

If really will be Samsung's sensors in Xperia 1 will be full internet about that, i can't find any trust information, can you, guys, link it here or to stop write nonsenses and rumors. Coz others members can trust in this incorrect information. As i mentioned to me confirmed Sony Mobile support agent about that, do you calling Sony's agent a liar? Slightly_smiling_Face

Screenshot (X1).png

Screenshot (X2).png

Screenshot (X3).pngThere are some specifications the same, but... probably that confused rumors sources... I still believe in Sony Mobile support agents... Even when are not any information trust about that Slightly_smiling_Face

If say honest i don't care which sensors are in this model, but there is sport interest to know what do you will talk when all yours rumors will be big, big lie and will be at last proof it by official Sony's workers. One of them did today, let's see how far this story will be go further Slightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

We’re sorry. Although we understand the question you have regarding this specification detail, the company has taken the decision not to disclose this information.

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Jonas wrote:

Hello everyone!

We’re sorry. Although we understand the question you have regarding this specification detail, the company has taken the decision not to disclose this information.

Why? I think will be honest to say costumers what they buying. Camera it's one of important feature in smartphone and to know i think it's fair. To not say it's not fair, coz costumers spending money for these devices. Strange decision is from Sony Slightly_smiling_Face

Alessio_841
Contributor

Hi @EUPHORIC

I saw the official link you posted of Sony Xperia 1 and into camera section it is clear only one sensor is Exmor RS while the others not. More, according to the answer of Sony support team checked as "solved", Sony does not give this info and this confirms that only the main sensor is Sony made.

This is fact, not supposition.

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Alessio_84 wrote:

Hi @EUPHORIC

I saw the official link you posted of Sony Xperia 1 and into camera section it is clear only one sensor is Exmor RS while the others not. More, according to the answer of Sony support team checked as "solved", Sony does not give this info and this confirms that only the main sensor is Sony made.

This is fact, not supposition.

To me Sony's Support agent wrote that all sensors are Sony's. I trust in this information, coz i don't understand why agent must to lie. They have much more i think detailed information, so they have to know better as i, you and others, do you agree with that? Slightly_smiling_Face

I'm asked Jonas that, coz i'm curious why Sony hiding this information. I'm like costumer wanting to know about inetersting product which i want to get much more as possible and feature like camera for me is very interesting and important. I don't mean this model, i'm talking in general. A little bit strange for me this step from Sony, that's all. I don't looking for conspiracy theories like doing others, even here in this thread Slightly_smiling_Face

Anyway it doesn't matter which sensors are in this model, i mean it's doesn't matter it's Sony's or Samsung's or any others, i think most important thing is final result which can do cameras of this model. But as i siad when you buying something i think you must have all detailed information about product. Coz you spending a lot of money for product and company my opinion must to give you all information. If i will buy it and will be certainly that this product have maybe stuff which you don't want to have? Maybe you looking from more as Sony's model, i mean maybe i'm looking into others manufactors product too and others manufactors using better sensors, newest and ect.? I think Sony must give all information. But as i siad i don't care so much, it's much more sport interest as real problem to me and at all, but this is just my opinion Slightly_smiling_Face

P.S. To reject question it doesn't mean "confirms", as i wrote i don't looking for conspiracy theories i have much more interesting activities in my life one of them is to watch UEFA Champions League which is showing right now and which supporting Sony too (if i'm not wrong), so better love football, watch footbal and forget these sensors... Anyway if you will know all information will be better for you? Will change yours life? I don't know so... The less you know,  the better is Slightly_smiling_Face

Lukalumen
Contributor

I keep trying to find reasons to buy the Xperia 1, as I'm a huge Sony fan, but it seems Sony doesn't want me to buy it... 

I don't like buying from companies that don't disclose information about their products. 

JoelRaj
Visitor

I am pretty surprised!!! According to wiki it does, on 2 perhaps 

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@JoelRaj wrote:

I am pretty surprised!!! According to wiki it does, on 2 perhaps 

I'm suprised too very much and probably a little bit shocked, it's definitely step to down (coz Sony is leader in cameras, others buying lens and often in smartphones rakings are in top which using Sony's lens) if this it's true 100% (Wikipedia is free editing tool as we know and everybody can edit it) Astonished_Face If say honest i have to say i was wrong if believe in Wikipedia (which was edited in these days, coz i saw before wasn't this information, but honest interesting by which sources was posted in Wikipedia, coz official there are no any information about this, Sony rejected this question and decided to do not say as Jonas wrote). But what is mean? Did Sony's agents from Sony Mobile support lied to me? Coz was asked about that,  one of them siad that this is all sensors are Sony's. Also it's weird, coz many manufacturers buying lens from Sony included Samsung, Sony is a leader in photographic technics inlcuded mirror camera, video camera and ect. As i mentioned it's interesting sources by which Wikipedia was edited. But maybe Sony that's why decided to do not say that, coz as i siad it's really strange step from leader in cameras and i guest there are much more suprised people of this decision Slightly_smiling_Face

P.S. This is not 100% trust information, but Wikipedia usually don't writing a lot of untrust information, as i mentioned it can be edited by all of us Slightly_smiling_Face

But is another side of this thing... if Wikipedia is wrong and all information which is mentioned in it is right, included cameras information, Sony must to inform it, Wikipedia must to change or to give sources links where is mentioned that sensors of cameras are from Samsung, do i understand everything right? Slightly_smiling_Face

Wikipedia.png

ds2mph
Visitor

Samsung semiconductor isocell sensors, Samsung Display 4K AMOLED, Samsung LPDDR4x Ram 

everything is Samsung Rolling_on_the_Floor_laughing