Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 screen

faisal-rafiq
Visitor

Xperia 1 screen

Hey there,

I have just noticed yesterday that my xperia 1 screen from the middle, from top to bottom almost covering the 60% area of the screen in rectangular shape becomes a little bit light, i mean it is not the same in color especially when i try to see it in dark color or in whats app dark mode is also visible when you try to tilt/move the phone right and left. There is a kind of lighter shade or the colors are getting a little bright. 

Just to confirm when i tried to restart my mobile i noticed the initial boot up screen where it loads the name Xperia, on the top and bottom of it the screen gets lighter and flickers as well. This is something new and i have never noticed it before because now it is quite visible.

Is there anyone else also who have noticed the same? And any idea what can be done to resolve it?

I am a bit concerend about this. Thanks

Screenshot_20200309-000740.png

sketch-1583701774617.png

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

A photo will be of more use, a screenshot will capture the rendered image, not what you see on an actual physical screen.

Like if you smashed your screen, a screenshot would still show a perfect screenshot.

Or if you had blown pixels, they would not show in screen shot.

faisal-rafiq
Visitor

Thats right. 

I just came to know latter on that the display fault which i wanted to show will not appear in anyone else's display. Unless there is the same issue.

Anyhow. It seems to me the problem of some ambient light sensor calculation which doesn't seems to be working properly in the night because in day light it seems to be working just a little fine. 

I am not sure. I will try to reset the device and see if it helps. 

Kumazty
Visitor

Hi Rafiq,

i just found the seem issue when i upgrade to android 10 last night. In dark mode, when i open chrome blank page, The oblong block could be realized signaficantly.

I'll contact sony sonport today, see if they can provide any reasonale comments.

faisal-rafiq
Visitor

Yeah ok. 

Let me know what they say.

And for my case i will rather take a picture from another mobile which will show the issue of display i am talking about because screenshot will not. 

Kumazty
Visitor

Sony suggested me to take the phone to their repair center.

But when I googled some info with 'oled grey' , found it look like a common issue for oled display. Include smartphone and TV

Since there is no critical problem when display other pictures. I'll ignore this currently

Hope it help you