Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii availability

chortya
Visitor

Xperia 1 ii availability

Dear Sony team and user community, I have never had a Sony phone but always chase a better flagship by changing my phones rather often. This the first time Sony phone impressed me so much that I have registered an account in this forum to post something.

Let me start with telling that the design of Xperia 1 ii is just amazing, it has this retro touch and definitely stands out of the rest of the rounded flagship pack.

But what is really disappointing is marketing and sales approach. Why announce a phone which even can't be reserved. Preorder approach would create some commitment from users who are currently thinking about buying new phone. With every day without clear availability date more and more interested users will just order something else.

Also, dear Sony, please send a couple of review units to known YouTube reviewers, 1 or 2 completely scripted reviews are just so archaic.

Sorry, I am a little bit frustrated with the performance of sales teams of Sony (and actually of my another favorite phone brand LG). These seem to be clear gaps in strategy but maybe I am too naiive. 

So when exactly can we hold this amazing phone in our hands?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.BE.title
Doungmli
Explorer

Hello, sony had announced availability towards the end of spring, hence the fact that there is no test device yet. Zackbuks knowing a lot of information has given some dates which actually correspond to the pre-order of certain markets (end of April EU, May: Japan / Asia-Pacific / United States, June in China when 5g is available). The tests should arrive towards the end of March, I advise the Japanese sites for the preview which are really Complete and we generally the devices in advance such as DFCever, eprice