Join now - be part of our community!

Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?

SOLVED
Jonyny
Visitor

Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?

I just read an article that 3 out of 4 (3 in back 1 in front, total 4) camera sensors on Xperia 1 are non-Sony's but Samsung's.

Not that using other suplier's sensor is deal breaker for me, but I just would like to know the fact.

So dear support team, could you tell me what kind of camera sensor(s) Xperia 1 has?

And if possile, could you also tell me why Sony starts using non-Sony sensors?

39 REPLIES 39
Jonyny
Visitor

ok, you still don't get it.

Do you see "Exmor" is labeled only on 1 of 4 cameras, but not on others?

On the other hands, all Xperia XZ series camera sensors has "Exmor" label including front camera. (Xperia XZ2 Premuium is good example since both cameras on back has Exmor)

Combined with the screenshot of Xperia 10/10 Plus which indicates Samsung's sensors, I am asking if the sensors without "Exmor" indicate use of non-Sony sensors.

And if it's the case and if possible, I'd like to know the reason behind it.

I'm just curious about the product.

If you are satisfied with the fact ONE of Xperia 1's sensors is SONY-made, please be it, but please do not disturb other's interest.

Again, you are not answering MY question at all. 

Brian_gjx
Visitor

Jonny got the point. I'm interested too.

EUPHORIC, you have not answered his question at all, and it's totally fine.
But you should not bend the intention of his question.

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Brian_gjx wrote:

Jonny got the point. I'm interested too.

EUPHORIC, you have not answered his question at all, and it's totally fine.
But you should not bend the intention of his question.

In Sony Mobile web site of Xperia 1 is mentioned Exmor sensor which is Sony's. So in question or is Samsung's sensors in Xperia 1 asnwers is no. Will be weird is will be, coz if Sony add one theirs sensors (Exmor) why need add others non-Sony's? How much sensors are in Xperia 1 i can't say, coz i did not made this model, but again in Sony's webs site (i mean Mobile) is mentioned one Exmor sensor so i can understand that is one sensor. I'm right or not i don't know, but will be weird if sill be Samsung's sensors and will be question why is not mentioned others sensors in Xperia 1. Maybe i don't understand something. You can ask again the same, but i'm sure answer will be the same which i posted several times or will be similar mines. But keep in mind i did not made this model, so offcourse i can be wrong Slightly_smiling_Face But if exist logic i must be right even about Sony's sensor, that aren't Samsung's in this model sensors Slightly_smiling_Face

Questions was is Samsung's sensors in Xperia 1 and how much are it, i'm right? So read my answers again. I answered into questions these. Other information i don't know at all so i can't write about things which i don't know at all Slightly_smiling_Face

I will write in others ways:

Jonyny asking (thread question): "Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?"

Answer: No, in Sony Mobile is mentioned Exmor sensor which is Sony's product.

Jonyny writing: "I just read an article that 3 out of 4 (3 in back 1 in front, total 4) camera sensors on Xperia 1 are non-Sony's but Samsung's."

Answer: Again there are no in Xperia 1 Sansung's sensor, coz is Exmor which is Sony's

Jonyny writing: "Not that using other suplier's sensor is deal breaker for me, but I just would like to know the fact."

Answer: Fact is that Xperia 1 have Exmor sensor which is Sony's

Jonyny asking: "So dear support team, could you tell me what kind of camera sensor(s) Xperia 1 has?"

Answer: Probably one and this one is Exmor which is Sony's, coz in offcial Sony Mobile web site of Xperia 1 is mentioned one Exmor sensor, but i can be wrong, coz who made this smartphone must know better, i don't have detailed information.

Jonyny asking: "And if possile, could you also tell me why Sony starts using non-Sony sensors?"

Answer: I'm not sure that Sony's in theirs smarthones used others manufactors sensors at all. But maybe in past for example 5 and more years ago was used. As i mentioned in cameras market Sony is one of leader and others manufactors using Sony's sensors Slightly_smiling_Face

Can you write where wasn't answered before these answers? I'm not guilty if you can't understand what is written. If you reading just what do you want to read it's not my trouble Slightly_smiling_Face

Brian_gjx
Visitor

OK, obviously you are missing lots of thing.

First, Xperia 1 has 4 camera sensors. Clear? OK, good.

One of them is Exmor for sure as official website states. WE ALL KNOW THAT.

But it does not mean other 3 sensors are SONY's and that's the question.

It may not be Samsung's sensor, but likely becasue Xperia 10/10 Plus do have Samsung sensors.

It might have all Sony sensors but we don't know for sure.
lack of Exmor label on other 3 sensors is enough to rise the question.

That's why Jonny is asking to official support.

Your "weird feeling" is irrelavant here.
Unless you have concrete proof that all 4 sensors on Xperia 1 are Exmor or SONY-made, please refrain yourself to provide unreliable info as if your hope/guss is the "answer"

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Jonyny wrote:

ok, you still don't get it.

Do you see "Exmor" is labeled only on 1 of 4 cameras, but not on others?

On the other hands, all Xperia XZ series camera sensors has "Exmor" label including front camera. (Xperia XZ2 Premuium is good example since both cameras on back has Exmor)

Combined with the screenshot of Xperia 10/10 Plus which indicates Samsung's sensors, I am asking if the sensors without "Exmor" indicate use of non-Sony sensors.

And if it's the case and if possible, I'd like to know the reason behind it.

I'm just curious about the product.

If you are satisfied with the fact ONE of Xperia 1's sensors is SONY-made, please be it, but please do not disturb other's interest.

Again, you are not answering MY question at all. 

If Sony's added one Exmor sensors which is theirs, do you really thing will be add others manufactors sensors? Yes sensors is 4, but question was it's Samsung's, i wrote sensor one is Sony's, so if is differnet models of sensors i'm sure they are Sony's too. I don't know why is not Exmor mentioned or is not mentioned at all, but when you are leader in cameras is very weird to use others manufactors sensors. You get to the name of sensors. If you so hypercritical ask Sony Mobile support, they will answer you and i'm sure the same or similar to me. It's not Samsung's sensors. Samsung will use Sony's sensors in newest theirs models, so ask yourself where is logical to use Samsung's sensors if Samsung using yours??? Gosh... Have a nice day, i met first time so dramatic user here. Good luck Slightly_smiling_Face

P.S. Even if Sony's using non-Sony's sensors, they are not Samsung's. If Sony will do that will be again down step from Sony, as i understand Sony want to back to game, so this is will be very silly step, i think Sony is much more smarter if you think with this absurd theory at all Slightly_smiling_Face

Brian_gjx
Visitor

EUPHORIC

You are just stating what you believe.
And that is not answer but your "guess" to the question, at least for those who is looking for credible info.

Again, we do not know the fact at this point. 

Btw, do you admit  the fact Xperia 10/10 Plus does use Samsung sensors?
Or you can't even look at that reality? lol

Jonyny
Visitor

>Btw, do you admit the fact Xperia 10/10 Plus does use Samsung sensors?

lol. I don't think he can because it too "weird" for him Face_with_tears_of_Joy

Btw, I don't know if you guys know him but famous leaker on weibo posted Xperia 1's camera sensors.

And indeed, 3 of them are samsungs.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4349140752177716

I personally trust his info based on his track record, but of course, it's not an offical info.

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Jonyny wrote:

>Btw, do you admit the fact Xperia 10/10 Plus does use Samsung sensors?

lol. I don't think he can because it too "weird" for him Face_with_tears_of_Joy

Btw, I don't know if you guys know him but famous leaker on weibo posted Xperia 1's camera sensors.

And indeed, 3 of them are samsungs.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4349140752177716

I personally trust his info based on his track record, but of course, it's not an offical info.

You believe in rumors i trust in facts. This is part of chat with Sony Mobile support agents from different locations. All personal information, included agent's names is removed. If you don't believe in these, try to contact with they too:

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Next time "smart guy" read more OFFICIAL INFORMATION and less RUMORS!!!

Weibo is not official Sony's web site, in internet there are full rumors, so "wise guy" if someone know better as you - shut up and be quit, if someone have offcial information - shut up and listen... and don't be hypercritical will be much better for you, believe me. I'm done with you as i siad. It's not my problem if you acting "smart" but you are not. TRUST ONLY IN OFFCIAIL web sites and don't believe in any rumors... Sometimes they are right, but often rumors are just rumors. I don't have time anymore for yours "smart" discuss, i answered several times in yours questions, of you don't believe me, it's yours problems.

P.S. both agents confirmed me that it's hard to believe that this is Samsung's senors, one of them siad me that this is Sony's sensors, the same what i siad to you...

I don't want to abuse you, but if you don't know and reading only nonsenses, maybe better is listen who know better?

No fight here and believe me i am not unfriendly, but yours jeers annoying me. It's friendly place and i really really trying to help you, coz i know better looks like as you, but if you and further just trying to annoying me then i done with you and i don't have for empty discuss. I really really don't want to fight, abuse or something like this, but looks like this discuss is without end, benefits and ect.

Pictures must cofirm moderates so must be showing soon if you can't see it still, be patience and wait, all chat which you must see will be see later...

Jonyny
Visitor

OK EUPHORIC,

Again, I do not know the fact, but it seems you do.

So please answer the following question in YES or NO.

Are all 4 camera sensors on Xperia 1  made by SONY?

I don't blame you if you end up wrong but just need a reference for future lol.

I can't see the images you posted and I don't care. 

I'll just wait for answer from official support team here, and I REALLY hope you are right.

profile.country.LT.title
EUPHORIC2017
New

@Jonyny wrote:

OK EUPHORIC,

Again, I do not know the fact, but it seems you do.

So please answer the following question in YES or NO.

Are all 4 camera sensors on Xperia 1  made by SONY?

I don't blame you if you end up wrong but just need a reference for future lol.

I can't see the images you posted and I don't care. 

I'll just wait for answer from official support team here, and I REALLY hope you are right.

All 4 sensors, one agent from Xperia Support confirmed me, are from Sony. Others agent havn't offcial information in chat moment, but siad me that don't believe that these sensors are Samsung's. I believe in these agents, coz they are official, they can't lie to costumers.

I updated my post, pictures you must see in any days. I don't know how fast modernate checking it.

Good luck. It's official information which you waiting for, but it's your time, yours problem. I tried ti help if don't need it, then good luck to wait offcial from community Sony's support Slightly_smiling_Face