55.1.A.0.748

Just started to rollout in Poland few minutes ago:

https://xpericheck.com/device/J9110

But still do not have it.

47 REPLIES 47
Kim790573
Visitor

Updated my X1 to Android 10. My impression:

Camera: Seems better and faster. Photos are sharp and without noise. Manual mode is (still) pretty fantastic and you can do some really great "night mode" photos with manual SS at 0,5 - 1 s and HDR on. I am actually really happy with X1 camera and the quality of the photos. Cinema Pro now includes the additional updates that Xperia 5 got. 

FPS: Is OK and getting better - but still not fantastic. Haven't tried putting additional fingers yet. Some report that it has been improved. Still a bit sensitive, especially if my finger is a bit moist. 

UI: Pretty good and fluet. Tried the new gesture navigation but reverted to the "pill" again as it seems more logical. 

Bluetooth and Android Auto: This has caused many problems, but I think it's mainly due to Google. No voice when answering calls in the phone (using bluetooth microphone of the car). Also problems with Google assistant in Android Auto. Have now cleared all data for Android Auto, Google and Google play services which (at least today) seems to help. Not the most fluent update however. Maybe next operating system I will do a clean install and not update. 

Battery life: Small improvement, but I am overall happy (also before the update). Typically get around 6-7 SOT and around 50-60% after a normal day of usage. For me that is fine. 

Sony Lifelog is not working as well as before. Not sure that it actually supports Android 10 and Sony has not provided an update. I actually like this app so a bit annoyed with that. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

@azzido2 wrote:

Lack of 21:9 in main camera is vrry sad Slightly_frowning_Face

I no longer expect anything from sony, time for change.

Why do some people seem so obsessed about the X1 shooting 21:9 photos? Just take a 4:3 or 16:9 photo and crop it. It's what the phone would do if it had the option. You'll get exactly the same result.

kamalaggi
Visitor

Does Android 10 use the Google Dialer or the Xperia Dialer?

If it uses the Xperia Dialer can the Google Dialer be downloaded from the play store?

azzido
Enthusiast

@JonHC wrote:

@azzido2 wrote:

Lack of 21:9 in main camera is vrry sad Slightly_frowning_Face

I no longer expect anything from sony, time for change.

Why do some people seem so obsessed about the X1 shooting 21:9 photos? Just take a 4:3 or 16:9 photo and crop it. It's what the phone would do if it had the option. You'll get exactly the same result.

Why should I crop it if I could just select the proper mode? Why low end xperia 10 can have this simple option but xprria 1, current flagship not??? Is this so hard for sony so copy paste this bit of a code??? This is why 1 will be my last xperia. So crappy software treatment.

pressefr
Contributor

I noticed a new issue. The Xperia music player can't search for a song. 

Update 1/2/2020.

I figured out a troubleshoot, I just had to rename the 'Music' folder and, rename it back. (I just used a file manager to do it on the phone).

azzido
Enthusiast

So many different bugs reported so far. I wonder who was testing it if at all. 

Zacabeb
Visitor

Two more bugs:

· Music player temporarily maxes out the volume for about half a second when pausing a track

· When typing, text entry sometimes freezes up, requiring the affected app to be switched to background and back again

Zacabeb
Visitor

@azzido2 wrote:

So many different bugs reported so far. I wonder who was testing it if at all. 

We are.

Siuman
Visitor

After upgrading to this version the "Do not distrub" mode wouldn't turn off automatically after a scheduled turn on. Does anyone encounter the same problem?

It worked well before but not after the version upgrade. It's really annoying that now the first thing I do after wake up is to manually turn off the mode so I won't miss phone calls...

pressefr
Contributor

@Siuman wrote:

After upgrading to this version the "Do not distrub" mode wouldn't turn off automatically after a scheduled turn on. Does anyone encounter the same problem?

It worked well before but not after the version upgrade. It's really annoying that now the first thing I do after wake up is to manually turn off the mode so I won't miss phone calls...

Long press Do Not Distrub, click Default Duration.

Now you have a choice to on off / duration by hours + / ask each time

Screenshot_20191215-192255.png