Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 not working VoLTE

Vladimir75
Visitor

Xperia 1 not working VoLTE

4G+ network Megafon Moscow. VoLTE support  enabled on tariff SIM card and operator Megafon. When calling 4G+ drop to H+ or 3G network. Samsung S8 no problems with this SIM, VoLTE work stable. 

8 REPLIES 8
yzymanayzy
Visitor

Try rebooting. I met once, recovered after rebooting.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Is there not a setting in:

Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Enable VoLTE

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

That only appears if you have gotten a branded phone from an operator like o2, etc..

Otherwise, stock sim free doesn't allow the selection.

The phone has to have the branded operator software installed, to allow it.

o2 have had the "we'll add more premium non branded o2 phones when and if" disclaimer up on their site for an age now, and yet still nothing, even with paying for a top dollar contract. Nerd_Face

You'll just get HD voice, which improves the quality, o2 to o2/giffgaff calls are clear as a bell, and calls to my work from o2 to vodaphone are crystal clear too, un the UK.

But calling my work mobile, an old 3G handset, you can hear the difference, so 4G to 4G is great, but anything else, like a poor network, or foreign network not up to the task, voLTE is going to be needed.

profile.country.RU.title
Alecmag
New

Tele2 Moscow VoLTE does not work. Make support at last. Why do Chinese phones have Tele2 VoLTE support and you don’t.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

It's up to the network provider, not Sony.

profile.country.RU.title
Alecmag
New

VoLTE depends not only on the mobile operator. Until Sony adds the profile to the phone’s settings, VoLTE will not work. The operator can at least do something. But it won’t work.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@Alecmag wrote:

VoLTE depends not only on the mobile operator. Until Sony adds the profile to the phone’s settings, VoLTE will not work. The operator can at least do something. But it won’t work.

Hmmm...If you check out the facts, Google handed all that over to the network providers(in the process in some locales), so if you buy a sim free phone, on a contract, you don't get it.

If you buy the same phone from same network, but for example, branded from the network operator(not even physically, but if it has an o2/virgin/Vodaphone logo on boot), on pay monthly or pay as you go, you get voLTE, as you need network modified OS  for it work.

o2 on their website, are very clear on the matter, and explain it as I have above.