Join now - be part of our community!

Slow internet speeds

Reyup
Visitor

Slow internet speeds

Hi,

Been having issues with slow download speeds when connected to WiFi or the cellular network. Under the same conditions with my older phone I'm getting around 40-60mbps. But when doing a speed test on the Xperia 1 I'm only getting a max Max of 11 Mbps.

Have tried resetting network settings which hasn't changed anything. Can anyone help??

3 REPLIES 3
pressefr
Contributor

Hmm bottle necked WiFi? Perhaps check if your Data Saver is off

_20200303_100658.JPG

And In Chrome Browser, "Lite Mode" is turned off. 

profile.country.GB.title
LegalFist
New

Hi there, speaking from my life experience the only one I can say is that this could be fixed easily by changing your provider. As far as I know all the issues that are connected with your internet are coming from the source. I used to have a lot of phones and most of them had issues with my Internet connection so I started to think to change my internet provider as this was the only one thing left to do. I was trying to find the best one by myself, but I did not succeed as most of them were offering a different type of service's for a different price and it was nearly impossible to compare them. So I used this service https://usave.co.uk to find out which one could be better and for a better price. I was able to change my provider and save nearly 100 pounds for that. So you should try to do the same and maybe it will help you

pressefr
Contributor

@GoodFollow wrote:

Worked perfectly for me, thank a lot, I was looking for the solution for a really long time

Another option is LAN hardwire.

Pluggable Capture.PNG

Plugable Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Type-C to Ethernet