Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z: Sleep of Death? or Dead?

SOLVED
FARABi
Visitor

Xperia Z: Sleep of Death? or Dead?

Hi

My XZ was fine till yesterday. It had some low battery and suddenly, I realized it has shut down. I tried to charge it for several hours, but the LED is not responding. I have updated the firmware recently with Android 4.2 if I remember it correct.

Can anyone kindly provide me a solution of this problem?

Regards.

24 REPLIES 24
KingMatty
Visitor

i have a same problem, my phone is Xperia ZR. i let my battery until 0% and it's shutting down. when i charged my phone, the led still flashing, but my phone not respone. please tell me how to fix it. thanks!!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Connect to wall socket,charge for 2 hours.Repair with SUS:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

alexdon
KingMatty
Visitor

i already follow your step, but my phone cannot connect to the computer, so the update can't started. any idea please?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Why can't it connect?Just let the phone off,do not turn it on.

alexdon
profile.country.en_GB.title
minnietheminx21
Visitor

My phone is still dead after trying all these options. What next?
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

pilrobke
Visitor

hi,iv got same problem,after install recovery mode try to restart but cant do it.no LED light,did you fix yours?thx

hamza12345
Visitor

I have xperia ZL and i am having same issue. when i turn on the phone without connecting to a charger the led (notification) light blinks (red) three times and nothing else. when i turn it on while connected to a charger it shows sony logo and then restarts and then repeats the same process. i tried all of your suggested options but still the problem exists. i am living in pakistan where there is no sony center. so my phone is useless since last 4 months. any idea what to do?

Joydip
Visitor

I have 'Sleep to Death' in my Xperia M recently . I reboot the phone after replace the battery. How to solve the issue. I have latest software.
yuriswarovski
Visitor

thanks Alexander! that works! My phone died suddenly for the first time while it's on 80% battery. 

Simply long press Power Button + Volume Up button.