Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z: Sleep of Death? or Dead?

SOLVED
FARABi
Visitor

Xperia Z: Sleep of Death? or Dead?

Hi

My XZ was fine till yesterday. It had some low battery and suddenly, I realized it has shut down. I tried to charge it for several hours, but the LED is not responding. I have updated the firmware recently with Android 4.2 if I remember it correct.

Can anyone kindly provide me a solution of this problem?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexander1
Champion

Have you tried to press and hold the power button and the volume up at the same time until the phone vibrates? You can try this both with the charger connected and disconnected. 

Also try to charge the phone for at least one hour after you have tried this if the phone doesn't start right away. Then try to start it again. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Alexander1
Champion

Have you tried to press and hold the power button and the volume up at the same time until the phone vibrates? You can try this both with the charger connected and disconnected. 

Also try to charge the phone for at least one hour after you have tried this if the phone doesn't start right away. Then try to start it again. 

FARABi
Visitor

I tried. But still it's the same situation.

Alexander1
Champion

In that case I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, press start under Support Zone > Start under update phone software > repair phone. Then follow the on screen instructions in the program. 

If the problem persists after you have repair the phone software I suggest that you have the phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local support for more information: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

FARABi
Visitor

Thanks.

It working now. I had to charge it for 24 hours using your first suggestion.

ian1208
Visitor

Hi,

Yesterday i encountered the same problem, I tried doing the pc companion reset/repair but it seems the computer or even the pc companion couldnt  find my phone.... 

Could this be a battery issue? I tried charging the phone also but there's no repsonse at all....

Please help...

Thanks

Musadiqkhan
Visitor

Kudos if it helps you.

ian1208
Visitor

Yes i did, but still no response... Is it possible my battery is completely busted? I'll bring my phone tomorrow to a service center so they can check it

And im just wondering if the phone died and reboot and pc companion/computer cant resolve it because of the issue, does the phone will just wake up by itself? and how long does it takes? its been 36hrs since my phone died and feeling kinda hopeless now....

Sherif_KD
Visitor

I encountered the same exact issue with My Xperia ZR. I bought the Phone 2 Months Ago and working perfectly fine, no drops, nothing. Yesterday the Phone was at 13% Charge when it suddenly died with the Red Led notification. I tried to charge it a couple of times for about 30 minutes, It'd start but then die again. Afterwards, the Phone would not respond to any Charging, At times flashing the Sony Logo, Other times no response at all. I tried leaving it charging for 6 hours with no response as well. I took the Phone to a Service Center, and it seems it was a Battery Problem, They had to boot the battery to "normal" levels of charge for the phone to actually accept the Charge. Took them 5 minutes, and now the Phone is working again.

I'm now downloading the Latest Update from Xperia Care. I hope that prevents it in the future.

Tags (1)
thetiger199056
Visitor

Hi
I have xperia z and I have a problem.my xperia z death after I install root and recovery mode I tried anything to turn it on but nothing happened it still death.can anyone help me