Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 (E6603 Model) red light of death...

Ryuenjin
Visitor

Z5 (E6603 Model) red light of death...

Just got my Z5 yesterday and it won't stay on at all.  The Sony/Android screen will load but shortly after that it freezes and then shuts itself down.  Leaving me with a blinking red light and a brick for a phone.  I've tried every troubleshooting method available.  But, if there is a way to make this work without me having to send it in to Sony would someone please share it with me.  

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@N3RDJUSTBNM3

it'll be easier to help you if you list what have you tried that hasn't worked. 

Christofer
Champion

Hi @N3RDJUSTBNM3, I'm sorry to hear this.

If a software repair using Xperia Companion did not help I'm afraid that your phone is in need of service. You can contact your Local support team for information on how to proceed.

ADevotedFan
Visitor

Did u try with flashtool? U just have to download the firmware of ur choice and flash it to ur phone this solution fixes every software issue on Sony Devices. if it doesn't still work then it might be a hardware problem and u should consider sending it to Sony.
dandy63
Leader

If as you say you have just purchased the phone then my first port of call would be to who you received it from .....be it a Network Provider/Mobile Phone Shop etc etc

Lancelot777
Visitor

How do you use flash tool? I have the same problem and it was all because I downloaded a app full of a virus called covenant eyes and my phone doesn't stop turning it self off