Join now - be part of our community!

Transfer of data to SD card interrupted

shelby76
Visitor

Transfer of data to SD card interrupted

Hi, My internal memory on my z is getting full. On trying to transfer to sd card, The phone states 'unfortunately, settings has stopped.' Can you help???

thanks

15 REPLIES 15
manjuboyz
Contributor

Hi shelby76

are you using third app to do this ??

>how much space available on phone now ?? try using APPmgrIII , i use same for my phone, which helps in managing Space on phone

>there will be cache memory on almost all apps on phone try to clear cache

Manjuboyz :smileyhappy:

NOTE:
Rate me(Kudos) If you are happy with my Resolution, Thanks :smileyhappy:

Alexander1
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

First of all try to remove your SD card for a while and put it back in. If the behavior still persists, try to move the data to SD card when you are in safe mode: 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If the problem persists in safe mode, connect your phone to the PC and transfer all the data from the SD card to the PC. Then format the SD card by right click on it > format. (All data on SD card will be deleted). 

Disconnect the phone, restart the phone and try again. 

naos
Visitor

In my case the problem were a few files created by DS Photo+ third party application. The files had characters within their names (colons) that are not allowed on FAT filesystems but are allowed on Linux/Android filesystems. This is why the app was able to save them on the Internal Storage but then the phone was not able to move them to the SD Card since SD Cards use FAT filesystem.

THE SOLUTION:

Find and delete malformed files using file manager application (for eg. File Commander). After that transfer to SD Card worked like a charm again.

For reference: list of illegal characters for FAT filesystems: \ / : * ? " < > |

Greetings,

Luke

malaysia
Visitor

im trying to transfer my data to sd card, but it keeps popping out file transfer interrupted.... what should i do to fix it? please help me because my internal almost full

Bandolero
Contributor

What file are you about the transfer to your SD card, did you try using FIle Commander to do that?

Wigsta
New

I was getting this every time I tried the 'transfer to SD card' function.  Simlpy going to storage and unmounting, then remounting the SD card fixed it for me 🙂

cheers

DrWig

Tags (1)
akh_1111
Visitor

Hi

Use the file commander app

akshar7
Visitor

Hi
I am facing same problem. Before when I try to move my data it get on its own..from the transfer my data to SD card but from few day when they alert and I try to move they showing error..I formatted memory card many times.I can transfer manually but by that feature it's not working
Please some one help
Siska12
Visitor

A popup came up saying I am at 75% capacity, so I clicked transfer from internal to my sd card. But his message popped up. "Transfer Interrupted. Check you SD card for possibly transferred data."
What shall i do abt it help me please, tq