Join now - be part of our community!

Linking Vaio to TV

rareair04
Visitor

Linking Vaio to TV

Hi all,

I am trying to hook up my Vaio FE11H to the TV.

I have used the s-video port from the laptop going to the s-video on tv. I am seeing a black and white picture and no sound.

Can any recommended the best way to sort this problem out? I am a novice when it comes to setting it up so a quick run down would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

47 REPLIES 47
alekosal
Visitor

I lave a vaio VGN-FZ31Z. I have connected my vaio via HDMI to DVI- D on my Grundig Vision II tv. I can watch my notebook's panel on tv as a mirror correctly. The problem is when i create a BDMV disk with Vaio content exporter from my sony sr-5e camera, i can watch it on my notebook with Windows Media Center (Intervideo WinDVD for BD) but my tv screen remains black. Does anyboby have a solution?

W_J
Visitor

I'm trying to connect my Sony Laptop VGN-FZ31S to my Sony TV KDL-23B4050 via HDMI cable. The laptop detects the TV as SonyTV :slight_smile: and lists it as another display but the TV will not detect the laptop :slight_frown: I've tried playing around with the display settings for 'SonyTV' on the laptop and done HDMI device searches on the TV but the TV can't see the Laptop for some reason :slight_frown: Any help appreciated.

W_J
Visitor

OK I've solved my hdmi problem my self now in case anyone else is trying to do the same thing. Although the TV can't detect the laptop it will display it's picture on channel av4. You just drag windows off the right side of the vaio screen and they appear on the tv.

Before connecting up the hdmi you need to reset the disply configuration and resolution to default values on the NVIDIA Control Panel (right click desktop). Once the TV is connected this control panel gives you the option of changing the HD output and you need to set the SonyTV to 1028i as some other formats either don't display or don't fit the screen well.

It helps if you can do this in one hit as if you unplug/plug the tv more than once or mess around switching things between displays too much the laptop gets buggy and can blue screen, not detect the tv or loose sound on the tv.

Still it's workable and I've now managed to use it to play rental movies downloaded from itunes store on my tv. Which was the main reason I wanted to connect them for. Picture and sound is good on my 23" bravia tv via vaio laptop. :smileygrin:

profile.country.el_GB.title
ioaboudo
Visitor

Hello i buy the vgn-ar51m i dont know if this have tv out if it not how can i connect it with tv?

grounded101
Visitor

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a vaio VGN-N38E I'd like to connect to My LG6000 lcd tv. The tv has...
• 4 HDMI (1.3 Deep Colour), 2 SCART (1Full)
• USB 2.0 (JPEG / MP3 Playback)
• Component(Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio
• RS-232C, AV In
• Digital Audio Out (Optical)
• PC Input
• Composite

can anyone advise on the best cable to use to connect the two? I'm totally at a loss. Also, the vaio hard drive died after 8 months and rather than wait for it to go to Ireland to be fixed I took it to a local shop who put the OS back but I'm now missing all the original Vaio software that came with the machine(I have tried downloading it from the vaio site but it doesn't seem to want to install). I didn't have a back up copy because the cd/dvd drive didn't work at all from the time I bought it(brand new) so if it needs any twiddling with via the laptop settings could you please advise what I would do without using the vaio software.

needless to say I shan't be getting anoother vaio but I'm stuck with it for the time being...missing buttons an all.

Thank you in advance!

danbooty
Visitor

i have a sony VGN-FS215B which wont connect to my samsung hd Tv. It is connect through VGA the laptop displays as if it is working but no display on the TV. Other makes of notepads work fine though.

HELP !!

I have the same problem hellytack.
I have a VGN-N38E with vista trying to connect to a samsung HDTV via regular monitor lead [d-sub lead i think]. It seems the vaio recognises the TV but the TV doesn't show anything. I can't even change the settings for the PC input onthe TV as it's greyed out on the menu.

I've played around with the intel display settings but got no results.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can let me know how they've solved this issue.

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Hi everyone,
I had this problem for a long time and like grounded my sony didnt have the preinstalled software and none of the buttons worked. when i rang so they helped me do a system recovery back to factory default. This then gave me the software to play back blu-ray movies. To perform system recovery ring sony support :wink: I think i pressed f10 repeatdly when i started then laptop.

Rite the other topic of which is the best lead, HDMI of course, if you have a hdtv use this and it will link straight away(or should do). if you are on any copyright protected software e.g WinDVD BD for VAIO you wil have to press FN and F7, this will switch it to only the tv. :slight_smile:

profile.country.pt_GB.title
freakmind
Explorer

hi all
i´m using win7 in the moment.
I can´t link my fz29vn to my Lcd but in vista i could, its easy.
anyone can help me?
greatings from Portugal