Join now - be part of our community!

Linking Vaio to TV

rareair04
Visitor

Linking Vaio to TV

Hi all,

I am trying to hook up my Vaio FE11H to the TV.

I have used the s-video port from the laptop going to the s-video on tv. I am seeing a black and white picture and no sound.

Can any recommended the best way to sort this problem out? I am a novice when it comes to setting it up so a quick run down would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

47 REPLIES 47
PALISADES76
Visitor

Just connected my FZ21Z to my Samsung via hdmi and my spidey blu ray looks and sounds fantastissimo!!!!!!!!

how smug am i?

:tongue:

jerome86
Visitor

Hi all,
I just want to know two things: on new HDMI vaio computers, only the graphic card is HDMI or the screen is HDMI too?
Moreover, I would linked my FE41M to my TV but I've no HD port (FE41M too old...) and I've just a svideo output. What kind of link I have to use? Where can I find this link and what's his price?
Thanks
Best regards

Jérome

sadosp
Visitor

Hello. I have Sony Vaio VGN-CR31S. The same problem with S Video. The picture is B/W. I make all the settings in Ati Catalyst with no luck. My tv have 2 scart connection with the second to take S Video input. I set the tv to AV2-S, also correct settings in Ati Catalyst (for Greece Pal B), but with no result. Again all B/W. I believe cause something going wrong with hardware or drivers. Maybe is time to call Sony support for help, or they take to repair. But first I ask anyone who have the same problem whether some solution. Thanks

sadosp
Visitor

Hi all,
I just want to know two things: on new HDMI vaio computers, only the graphic card is HDMI or the screen is HDMI too?
Moreover, I would linked my FE41M to my TV but I've no HD port (FE41M too old...) and I've just a svideo output. What kind of link I have to use? Where can I find this link and what's his price?
Thanks
Best regards

Jérome

Hi. What exactly inputs has your tv?

sadosp
Visitor

FOUND FOUND FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The solution I believe for all ati gfx cards. Go to Ati Catalyst tv settings and set the color saturation to 100. Thats it. The color magically appear.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Rod
Visitor

This is somewhat similar to something previously answered - I have a VAIO laptop model VGN-NR11Z/T. It doesn't appear to have any obvious video-out sockets for S-Video, so I assume I'd have to use an HD15M socket out. The question is, how can I connect this to an old-school analogue TV? Do you get HD15M to SCART cables?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi D-Rod and welcome to Club Vaio.

You will need a converter from VGA (15-pin D-Sub) to Composite Video/Audio

Like this one

You will also need a SCART to 3 Phono+S-Video Converter LIKE THIS ONE

:wink:

Nintensity
Visitor

Hi everyone,

Ive got an AR51M, running Vista. Ive got no problems hooking it up to the tv using a VGA cable and i can use the tv as an extended desktop. However, i cant work out if there is a way to be able to CLOSE the laptop screen without affecting the screen on the tv. For example, if i am watching a dvd or whatever i can drag the win dvd screen onto the tv, display it full screen etc but if you then close the laptop lid the display on the tv messes up every time and the resolution gets reset for it and the win dvd or whatever program i use goes all off centre.
i have tried things like setting the tv as my primary display but still the same problem.
any ideas??!! thanks in advance

dcoyne001
Visitor

Hi,

I have got a VGN-AR51J and i'm trying to connect it to a Phillips 42" HD ready TV via HDMI cable. I have picture but no sound, i tried going to the Sound Reality ASIO settings ( as suggested in the "support" section) but my laptop hasn't the same menu's. There is no advanced part in it. Could you please help me, Thank you in advance,

David

A recent MicroSHIT security update has and is causing problems and incompatibles with some Vaio pre-installed drivers including NVIDIA on some Vaio Notebooks, particularly, Media Centre ones, as I have amply demonstrated in one of my recent posts headed 'The Heap of Shit We call Vaio. I said goodbye then, but I wanted to come and see if you are benefiting from my crusade.

The Vaio, and MicroSHIT backlash to my postings world over seems to be gathering pace as some of the postings are already deleted by respective forum boses.

Well, my answer to your problem may not be relevant in your case, but should benefit others, if they are now seeing a monochrome (black and white) display when you connect your Vaio as, you have been successfully doing before, through a S-Video link.

There is nothing I or anyone else for that matter can do about it, unless if NVIDIA and Vaio Link check this and add a new patch for the driver!

BrownPolar
Edinburgh