Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I player not connecting

SOLVED
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

BBC I player not connecting

I have a Sony 3d Bravia TV 40". Ref - KDL40HX803U. I have purchased an internet connector as it is not a fully Internet TV but a part Internet TV. It comes with things like I player, demand 5 etc. in the last couple of days when trying to load I player. It states cannot connect to the server, please retry. Is it a problem with the TV or the I player. All the other internet options appear to work, Can anyone come up with a suggestion of how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a tablet not sony that the I player works on. However I want to fix it that it works on my TV.

Thanking anyone kindly in advance for any help they can give me.

Kind Regards

James Sidney
112 REPLIES 112
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks Quinnicus, you certainly work hard for us!

Much appreciated and look forward to "Auntie" letting us off the naughty step!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Theracles

I think "Auntie" should be on the 'naughty step' herself !  :grin:

Fraser-lawes
Explorer

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just so you guys don't think you have been 'forgotten' about, unfortunately I have no new information to report back to you all at this time.

Cheers

chivvy
Explorer

I have the same issue, shame that BBC doesn't test their upgrades very well, also that it takes them so long to fix them!

Regards

Pete

profile.country.GB.title
Pixelz

I agree that testing should have found this problem, but do we know for sure that it didn't?

For example, is it possible that the iPlayer update caused Sony Bravia TVs to stop working because this implementation didn't conform fully to the specification (and just happened to work previously).

I ask this question because there was a similar case of the BBC updating it's HD TV encoders to support switching between 1080i and 1080p material a year or two ago.  This standard was part of the FreeView HD spec, bit the Sony Bravia TV firmware did not handle the switching well which resulted in a momentary loss of audio.  At the time many people blamed the BBC (myself included) for not testing fully.  But in the end Sony had to release a firmware update to address the loss of audio.

So, I'd be very interested to know if it's the BBC or Sony (or both parties) who are non-conformant.

But I'd be even more interested to have an assurance, and a forecast for a fix!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The BBC Announcement page is now stating:

"

Sony - Smart televisions and Blu-ray players

*** 9 June 2014 ***

We are aware that some users are experiencing problems accessing iPlayer on Sony Televisions and Blu-ray players.

We've raised this issue with our Service Partner to investigate and will update this FAQ when we have further information.

"

peteratwyre
Explorer

Add KDL-32EX503 to the list of non working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

The latest update that I received today is that there is no solution as of yet.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Quinnicus, thanks for keeping us informed.

I can confirm my set still can't connect!

Glad I've got my 27" PC screen! :slight_smile: