Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I player not connecting

SOLVED
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

BBC I player not connecting

I have a Sony 3d Bravia TV 40". Ref - KDL40HX803U. I have purchased an internet connector as it is not a fully Internet TV but a part Internet TV. It comes with things like I player, demand 5 etc. in the last couple of days when trying to load I player. It states cannot connect to the server, please retry. Is it a problem with the TV or the I player. All the other internet options appear to work, Can anyone come up with a suggestion of how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a tablet not sony that the I player works on. However I want to fix it that it works on my TV.

Thanking anyone kindly in advance for any help they can give me.

Kind Regards

James Sidney
112 REPLIES 112
daclark68
Explorer

Come on Sony please. This is a worse performance than England!

profile.country.en_GB.title
leegriff16
New

Yep problem is still there - any update yet?

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

I have the same problem with my KDL-40EX713 and KDL-32EX503. However, my newer KDL-32EX723 is still working fine. The problem started with the recent change the BBC made to iPlayer. Still not working on Sunday 22nd. I hope Sony/ BBC sort this out soon. I really miss the facility.
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi all,

I am told the firmware has been released. So please check if you can update the TV and if Iplayer is working or not.

edit: apparently the update would be pushed automatically to your tv even if in Standby but to be 100% sure better do a manual push in my opinion 😉

Thanks,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
ladams888
Explorer

Hi Nico,

Just checked my TV and I have the firmware PKG4.117EUL-0108, which is the same as on the Sony site.  Is this still the old firmware as iPlayer is still not connecting?

Linda Adams

tweety2b

Let's give it a couple of hours/1 day for it all to settle before panicking.

I gave you guys the update as soon as I got an email internally so not all servers might have been updated yet.

So let's keep on monitoring this 😉 thanks for the quick check though.

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
tweety2b

I think these are the new firmware numbers:

PKG5.054 is the new FW package for the models NX81x and NX71x.

PKG4.118 is for all other models.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
blod999
Explorer

As of 12:30 my BBC iplayer is now back working again. Thanks to all concerned but why did it take so long. The addition of ITV Catchup would be good recommence

julia295
Explorer

Hi I have model NX 71x and iplayer still not connecting any ideas how long now
julia295
Explorer

Hi again just checked iplayer back many thanks