Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I player not connecting

SOLVED
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

BBC I player not connecting

I have a Sony 3d Bravia TV 40". Ref - KDL40HX803U. I have purchased an internet connector as it is not a fully Internet TV but a part Internet TV. It comes with things like I player, demand 5 etc. in the last couple of days when trying to load I player. It states cannot connect to the server, please retry. Is it a problem with the TV or the I player. All the other internet options appear to work, Can anyone come up with a suggestion of how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a tablet not sony that the I player works on. However I want to fix it that it works on my TV.

Thanking anyone kindly in advance for any help they can give me.

Kind Regards

James Sidney
112 REPLIES 112
lone_wolf1911
Explorer

hi, my mother in laws kdl32ex43bu is not loading iplayer either....

its had problems with iplay since buying it back in 2010, i know its a older model.... BUT still

the unit has NEVER been able to use 5 on demand or 4OD.....
iplayer works sometimes for weeks at a time, then stops and wont work.... 

its got the latest firmware on, ethernet connected, all other freeview chanels and stuff work, 
ive tried everything i can think of, unpluged tv, reset rounter, turn on, did internet content refresh, even tried a factory reset but still not working WHY......

the internet is defo not the problem, ive checked with isp all is ok from there end...

when they very 1st got the tv, i had to do a firmware update, as all the stations including radio was american? wondering if it should of just been sent back or better yet had a hammer put thru the screen as never ending problems....

imogen10.s
Explorer

I cannot receive BBC i-player on my PKG4.117EUL-0108. TV. It used to work, but after the another connection I was using packed up, I have returned to the TV to find this situation. Can you help?

Robin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @imogen10.s

Hard to know whats going on because you havnt provided the model number of the TV and the error message you are getting.  However if you have a 2011 tv, then there is an outstanding unresolved issue at present. See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bbc-iplayer-2011-tvs/td-p/2271260

Cheers