Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 availability

Jonas
Master

Xperia 1 availability

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 1! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 1 will be available in select markets from late Spring 2019.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

133 REPLIES 133
profile.country.GB.title
HairyBanjo
Explorer

You get absolutley zero information on a release date on the uk site.  "Coming soon" has been there for months.

profile.country.GB.title
HairyBanjo
Explorer

I wouldn't buy anything Huawei.  Who know what kind of snopping software or hardware they put in their devices.  This company is required by law to report to the Chinese govt who spy on their own citizens, so why wouldn't they want to snoop on the rest of the world.  

profile.country.GB.title
HairyBanjo
Explorer

Ity's one way to force users who are unwilling or unable to wait to buy rival products.  It's the silence that is annoying everyone, including myself.  I am starting to think this is a ploy to deminish Sony's phone business so it can be disbanded.

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

it is always like this a high range June another in October

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

this month it will be very long waiting for me to have a competitive price, the competition is already devalued

SP2015
Visitor

This is a joke! I can't believe we've been waiting this long and still nothing!

I was looking forward to having an update last week when it was supposed to be released in Taiwan but that didn't happen either!

Sony better come out with a stunner of a phone after all this time!

@Jonas you seem to have some insider information. Is there anything you can tell us other than check your local website? (which, by the way, gives us nothing!) 

profile.country.GB.title
HairyBanjo
Explorer

I, yesterday finally gave up waiting and had to jump ship and ordered a note 9.  I really wanted an Xperia 1 but couldn't wait any longer.  Do I feel like a trator??  Yes, but what can you do when you get no information for 3 months. Slightly_frowning_Face

alex63_lv
Visitor

Better wait till September and buy note 10. That what I will do. RIP sony

profile.country.GB.title
HairyBanjo
Explorer

Getting the 512GB note with 512SD card for £499 with trading in my old phone.  Yes I could wait till Note 10 and pay £1000 but £499 for a decive with 1tb sotrage is a bargain.  

Very poor marketing by Sony.  Losing a very loyal and long Xperia fan Slightly_frowning_Face

azzido
Enthusiast

This is how sony mobile "communications" communicate: no any word for months! Showed prototype and then silence! I doubt it will be so good and worth waiting.

As usually they are late to the party and will release underspecced product for very high price when competition will be having first price cuts. How on earth they want to sell it?? ?