Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 availability

Jonas
Master

Xperia 1 availability

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 1! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 1 will be available in select markets from late Spring 2019.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

133 REPLIES 133
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Yes indeed, Xperia Actions would be very nice on any device,

Eder773
Visitor

I preordered from Best Buy. In Purple. Am I the only one still waiting for it to be delivered? It shows as delayed and no estimated date. Anyone know anything about this? 

pressefr
Contributor

@Eder773 wrote:

I preordered from Best Buy. In Purple. Am I the only one still waiting for it to be delivered? It shows as delayed and no estimated date. Anyone know anything about this? 

Yes, at one point it showed an actual date (my previous post), but by the time I ordered it gave me a vague; will let me know shipping date.

"We'll let you know when it ships."

m-happy
Visitor

when we will be able to have Sony Xperia 1 in Egypt ??

is sony market in still in egypt or Middel east ? 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@m-happy 

I think they pulled out of that region but do Contact directly >>> https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/ as this is a global user based forum. 

pressefr
Contributor

I finally got a date by Best Buy, August 14! It's so late! I want it earlier!

Sony needs to spend money on Sony board advertising within Best Buy. They need a booth just as large as Samsungs. Best Buy is kinda plain already, freaking booth it up like MWC, CES, IFA... You paid them for the design already, reiterate it for the stores, what's left of brink and morter stores.

Eder773
Visitor

I have chatted and called them everday since the delayed announced. They would not tell me the 08/14/19 date, even though it is listed on their website. Today, the response I received was, should be received within a week. 

I hope it is sooner than 08/14. I take a trip for 10 days, and would love to have this phone.

pressefr
Contributor

I can get the black one in August 2nd shows on the website. But the purple one is on August 14th! 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

The success and demand for Xperia 1 is killing sales and brand loyalty.

People aren't willing to wait a fortnight for a new device and will switch to another brand.

Sad but true.

pressefr
Contributor

@pressefr wrote:

I can get the black one in August 2nd shows on the website. But the purple one is on August 14th! 

I finally received my Xperia 1 device yesterday, earlier than expected. I wish they released it in March 2019 along with the Xperia 10 Plus. Would have been a less of a struggle opting low range device, the 10 Plus, making a power user and gamer that I am. Made feel sluggish when using the Plus 10; GPU, missing gyroscope, slow camera, missing dedicated shutter button, primative version of side-sense (without full multi window options), etc...

I'm happy I got it, but small smiggen of Xperia Actions remorse, you can set your brightness level while gaming, but in "game enhancer" you can only turn off adaptive brightness per game. More split screen tasking going on. 

Oh, I saw Samsung's Note 10 release. They showed off 3D object capturing, uhhh Sony already does that.