Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
xenite5
New

I had a conversation with ee in the last 4 days and they told me to switch provider and go to another network.

They said they know the issue but it is not their problem, it is sony's problem and sony should be solving it. And they told me that they are happy to cancel my contract and asked me to

try another provider as they are not willing and  won't be solving the issue.

So there it is. EE customers can't get 4G with a £850 phone and Sony call it a flagship.

Very very disappointed with sony and EE. Very pissed off right now. 

KGT94
Visitor

I'm also on EE. Also having the same problems. Now stuck with an £800 phone that can't stay on the network!!

Chippy_boy
Visitor

I'm rather sad to be reading this thread! I only got my phone on Friday and since then have barely been out of the house with it and have therefore been on WiFi nearly all the time.

But just switched off WiFi and trying surfing for a while on 4G. And my phone did exactly as described in this thread, twice in about 15 minutes.

How frequently does this happen if you are affected? It may be simply that the EE reception is pretty weak at the back of the house where I am right now. I hope so - I'd hate to have to cancel my contract!

JanieD91
Visitor

Hi chippy, it's not to do with the signal,I don't think anyone knows what the cause is, and the frequency seems to vary. For me sometimes it's happening every few seconds for a while, sometimes a few times over a few mins then it can be fine for an hour.

It also seems to vary depending on what I'm doing, for example if I'm running Google maps in the background it's fine, but then if I open Facebook,YouTube, mobile banking etc this crappy loop starts.

Chippy_boy
Visitor

😞

I was just about to post saying it had been fine since my post above, and then the phone dropped the network whilst trying to post!

I've been testing by playing YouTube 4k clips, running speed tests and all sorts and it's been fine. And then dropped again.

Does this happen when you're on the phone (presumably cutting you off)? That's a complete show-stopper for me, even if the rest isn't 

JanieD91
Visitor

I'm not sure, I've not been on any lengthy phone calls yet to find out, but I'm assuming it would as all signal goes, just like removing the sim card Slightly_frowning_Face

KGT94
Visitor

My handset actually flicks to 'No SIM installed' on occasion when the drops happen. 

Chippy_boy
Visitor

I guess. I was just wondering if maybe it doesn't happen when you're on the phone because phone calls are made on 3g (EE don't support 4G calling - VOLTE - on the Xperia 1.

So I can use this reliably for business calls, I can probably put up with the 4G network drop until a fix materialises as I am sure it must.

Chippy_boy
Visitor

@KGT94 wrote:

My handset actually flicks to 'No SIM installed' on occasion when the drops happen. 

Mine doesn't do that.

JanieD91
Visitor

Yes I've seen it say no sim,but only from the lock screen just before unlocking it if it's at the right time when signal goes