Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
drlmiles1
Contributor

I hope this problem is not a fundamental fault with the Xperia 1. I think it is likely that a particular setting will be causing the network dropouts. As a start, I've turned off WiFi and Bluetooth scanning, and also Auto Network Switch. All of these are on by default

xenite5
New

I actually have a post here from very first day I had the same issue. EE changed my sim card. I reset device so many times. And yesterday finally I got my phone exchanged. However even with the new device problem continues.

This is definitely EE problem. WiFi calling doesn't work either. I dont now what to do I cant connect 4G at all. It keeps on dropping.

JanieD91
Visitor

Yep so it's definitely something to do with sim settings in some way, rather than a physical phone fault, hopefully it's fixable, I'll try ringing Sony later,no doubt they will tell me to ring my network provider, then they will tell me to ring the device manufacturer 😭

RuneJ
Contributor

No issues with 4G/4G+ connectivity in Norway on my Xperia 1, so perhaps the problem is related to a specific carrier in UK?

Is the Xperia 1 listed as supported 4G/LTE phone from the troubled carrier?

drlmiles1
Contributor

It's early days, but I've had no problem since changing settings earlier today. 

Could those with problems go into:

Settings / Network & Internet / WiFi / WiFi Preferences / Advanced / Auto Network Switch

... and turn it off! 

Let us know if it makes any difference 

profile.country.GB.title
Sensination
Contributor

Same issue here happening on EE with O2 X1 Slightly_frowning_Face This is ridiculous!

Doitcom
Visitor

Glad I found this post! 

I'm on EE in the UK and have the Xperia 1 Purple. 

My signal is not as strong as my Pixel XL 2 on EE - I've been to Reading and live in Chepstow and my signal hasn't been full at all.   Seems either the software is buggy or the antenna isn't as good?

It doesn't do the whole network lost - but rather 0 signal bars but showing 4G symbol. 

drlmiles1
Contributor

@Doitcom wrote:

Glad I found this post! 

I'm on EE in the UK and have the Xperia 1 Purple. 

My signal is not as strong as my Pixel XL 2 on EE - I've been to Reading and live in Chepstow and my signal hasn't been full at all.   Seems either the software is buggy or the antenna isn't as good?

It doesn't do the whole network lost - but rather 0 signal bars but showing 4G symbol. 

My experience in the past is that different phones can have different displayed signal strength, despite having the same actual signal strength and network speed.

I'd encourage anyone having problems to look at my post above, as I think it might provide a solution, but we can only tell if lots of us try it

JanieD91
Visitor

With what drlmiles said,mine has been turned off for a number of days,it never made any difference,but it's a data/signal issue not WIFI.

drlmiles1
Contributor

@JanieD91 wrote:

With what drlmiles said,mine has been turned off for a number of days,it never made any difference,but it's a data/signal issue not WIFI.

Do you mean the setting (see above - Auto Network Switch) was turned off, or WiFi was turned off? The phone can look for WiFi networks even if WiFi is turned off