Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
JanieD91
Visitor

I'm getting the exact same issue and I'm with Virgin Mobile (from what I can tell they use the EE network),it always worked perfect on my XZ2 but since getting this the data randomly cuts out,the first part of the cycle just the 4g goes, then 1 sec later the signal goes empty bars then within 2 more seconds it's all back working.

Doitcom
Visitor

I haven't had any drop outs as such but the signal on the X1 compared to my Pixel XL 2 is worse.. ..   

drlmiles1
Contributor

It has been suggested that our problems with the EE network on our new phones may relate to the simultaneous rollout of 5G.

Here are the cities involved initially :

London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast, Birmingham and Manchester 

I'm in London 

Doitcom
Visitor

I'm in reading today.   I have 2/5 bars of 4G.  I swear this phone will not hit 4 bars or above. 

profile.country.GB.title
benra9
New

This issue is happening to me as well. On EE as well.

For me it's when I'm commuting to work, and seems to be when I'm moving.

And suprisingly it's taken a few attempts to submit this as it's dropping in and out on my commute home.

PatrikSWE
Visitor

Hello!

I have the same issue with my Xperia 1 and I live in Karlstad, Sweden. It seems unlikely that it is a problem that is only related to the EE network (I use the Telia network). The issue goes through the same cycle as others have described here. If this happens when I'm navigating with google maps, the GPS-position is also lost. On top of this; if I'm connected to my wifi it also cuts out. A few times I got a message that there is no sim card inserted. I've tried the same sim card using my old phone and it works just fine (samsung galaxy A5, 2015).

I hope that there will be a reply from Sony soon.

bazw
Visitor

Oddly at work I have stable 4g all day. 

30 miles from home so on different masts. This is getting ridiculous now, around home town I have nothing but a constant cycle of... 

4g, emergency calls only, no service, 4g again. 

Seconds between each step. Have screen recorded it as evidence. 

JanieD91
Visitor

Lol I'm 120 miles from home so still the same crap, I've almost threw it a few times, it's appalling.

Not sure if people are actually reporting it though or who you would complain to, but it's bothering me so much I'm considering returning it as faulty.

https://youtu.be/mIIgtA2iRKM

drlmiles1
Contributor

@JanieD91 Thanks for that video which confirms the issue. Are you in the UK and on EE? It seems less likely to be this combination causing problems as more people post (but why has no-one so far said they've had this problem with Vodafone or O2?).

Last night and this morning my phone did the same thing again - this problem is not going away. 

And some have reported this problem with WiFi as well.

JanieD91
Visitor

Yes I am in the UK and I'm with a provider that uses the EE network. Sorry I'm new here so don't know how to tag people.