Join now - be part of our community!

55.1.A.3.49 Update

pressefr
Contributor

55.1.A.3.49 Update

I see a new update for the Xperia 1, but I wanted to ask first if there are any major problems post update?

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

Hi, what about your camera when recording in 4k, do you get a slight lag or freeze when you press the record button? Do you also have stabilisation issues in 4k mode?

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Yes please see my Sony Xperia fan channel.page for a full battery of tests on this subject.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I have the distinct impression that the fingerprint scannner has been improved in the 55.1.A.3.49 update.

It was announced on 27 januari on xperiablog.net and landed on my phone yesterday.

What are the other changes that have been discovered?

Strange world in electronics and car industry; everywhere software updates come with release information, but not here.

In these hemispheres people are sooo scared to share information, sooo old school.

Linux, even Microsoft, shares update information.

Problem here is that lack of information leads to frustration.

Frustration leads to drop of credability.

Which leads to a flee to some other blingbling brand, where the circle of being disappointed restarts.

C'mon big shots, apply what you already know.

Be clear about what you're doing.

This applies to all, not just Sony.

PS The security patches are clear, just the rest.

Be brave and dare to explain that you patched or dropped features.

You don't have to show the back of your tongue, start with simple information.

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

Agreed 100%

Normally there are stringent policies in place in regards to informationtransparency towards customera, being such an international and a home brand, you would think they would comply.

I mean I know Google has a strict policy somewhere where those manufacturers that use its its software they must provide for a certain time software updates and amongst other things.

Yet, I don't understand why Sony mobile division is holding out on firmware updates or relevant information regards to consumers electronics unless they are hiding something.

Great products (every product has niggles) but poor techniques in handling customer relations.

pressefr
Contributor

I just noticed that when plugging your Xperia 1 into "Android Auto" the Artist List won't load in UI.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Done some tests 

4k normal is now sorted no issues

4k HDR still as bouncy as ever.

Tip turn stability OFF and it works a treat

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

@GilgameshUK wrote:

Done some tests 

4k normal is now sorted no issues

4k HDR still as bouncy as ever.

Tip turn stability OFF and it works a treat

Is this with the march update or the janaury update?

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

March