Join now - be part of our community!

55.1.A.3.49 Update

pressefr
Contributor

55.1.A.3.49 Update

I see a new update for the Xperia 1, but I wanted to ask first if there are any major problems post update?

37 REPLIES 37
SonyXperia1user
Visitor

My problem with the microphone was fixed by resetting all app preferences at: settings>reset options>reset app preferences

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You mean Settings - System - Reset Options>Reset App Preferences.

You can also get to it by going in to Settings, and typing Reset into the search bar.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Will be back on the team with my Sony Xperia 1 again, this Friday as soon as I pay rest of it off from the deposit I left.

Will install the update and check on or if there are any issues.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
Bungee75
Visitor

After update I can't charge device on generic charger if I don't restart it first. Original charger works every time.

Sleepy_Buddha
Visitor

Overall I really like the update, the full gesture navigation is my favorite new feature not only because I enjoy using it but also (very important for me) it displays content on the space that is usually wasted by the 3 button or pill navigation bar. Performance is also overall good.

However, I ran into a problem right from the start that I've been unable to solve.

After updating my EU J9110 to 55.1.A.3.49 almost 2 weeks ago, Battery Usage started reporting high usage with Xperia Wallpaper running the default live wallpaper. My battery started draining faster and the device got warm on standby. So I changed to a static image as my wallpaper.

Suddenly started having the same issue with Tik Tok, reporting battery usage while the app wasn't in use. Thinking this was just a Tik Tok issue I tried clearing the cache, same result. Cleared storage and set it up again, same result. Decided to uninstall and reinstall, same result.

Uninstalled Tik Tok again and didn't reinstall it to see if the background battery drain issue was fixed. The Battery Usage function then started reporting the same issue with Twitter, Instagram and Edge.

The real problem is the background battery management code on Xperia Android 10 firmwares. It doesn't work like it did in Android 9, it doesn't seem to be able to restrict battery usage the same way. I used to have 1 % battery usage per hour on standby in Android 9, and now I have about 3% battery usage per hour on standby in Android 10. And now my J9110 is always warm when it used to be cold to the touch when on standby.

I hope Sony is aware of this issue and is working to fix it. Android 10 with 9's battery management would be awesome. Anyone else having the same experience?

Yekollu
Contributor

Try Factory reset

pressefr
Contributor

@Beastkut wrote:

I don't know why when i turn on my mic in game chat  my audio suddenly either stop working or muted...does anyone know how to fix it?

I noticed the same thing in PUBG and Fortnite recently. 

I think cause when you activate voice chat it mutes the background sounds so it doesn't echo to the other players. However, you can't hear the other voice players.

So it's a kinda null situation and has to be the Xperia 1 Update. The current solution is to use earphones until they fix this.

Hana88
New

I have the same problem and i don't know how to fix this problem. Tonight i Will doing a factory reset trought companion and i Will see if fix It

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

OK got my xperia 1 back

just set up and awaiting a full charge before upgrading from 9 to 10

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Already upgraded to ten now.

I thought it was fast before (the interface) but ooooooooh my gods! ITS CRAZY fast now.

No serious issues yet, just one little one though. I played flac through the speakers files for a total of 25 mins with 7 mins of that being screen on time and it took 7% of my battery away by just doing that.

Battery app has reported no apps consuming a crazy amount of battery

7% in 25 mins is a little worrying.

Opinions please?