Join now - be part of our community!

55.1.A.3.49 Update

pressefr
Contributor

55.1.A.3.49 Update

I see a new update for the Xperia 1, but I wanted to ask first if there are any major problems post update?

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

For the of it going to try a software repair via the Sony Companion.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Xperia wallpaper drains battery like crazy now, as it's always "live".

I've noticed it sitting at 52% of my battery use for 2 hours, with nothing else running, on my  desk at work, and the battery went down about 5% in about 20 minutes, with just the odd facebook/whatsapp notification coming through.

But Android 10 across all brands seems to be a battery drainer, more so for Pixel users, where some users are reporting crazy drains like 60% in a matter of 2-3 hours.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Looks like Google have some serious issues to sort, so we can get ours done too,

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Oh and if you have Alexa installed on your phone, activate the battery optimisation.

Mine showed up as not optimised, active for 40 minutes and in use for over 12 hours..yet I hadn't opened it or used it, so it's running all the time.

It's like it's waiting for a command that never comes. Yet all other Amazon services were auto optimised.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Dont have Alexa

Battery semes to be much better now, after a xperia companion repair.

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

Any issues with 4k vid recording ? Like stutter or lags ?

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Havent tried iwth android ten but 9 no issue

I hope they have finally sorted OIS for 4k now. As soon as I have gotten around to testing will let you know.

akbothra
Visitor

Yes, I am also facing the same problem, if call is switched to loudspeker the other person cannot hear me. J8170. Not able to slove this issu myself if anyone can help , please reply. Thanks

SonyXperia1user
Visitor

My problem was solved by resetting all app preferences.

pressefr
Contributor

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

You mean Settings - System - Reset Options>Reset App Preferences.

You can also get to it by going in to Settings, and typing Reset into the search bar.

Omg, I shouldn't have done this. It didn't really fix any issue, by doing so I ended up having to go one-by-one through my app permissions when I use them; which slows my flow.

I haven't had major issues yet: just weird hiccups.

Problems:

• When you activate Voice Chat, all sound turns off on PUBG and Fornite.

Trouble Shooting

• Ear Duo - No sound when connecting, I had to delete the duo app and forget Bluetooth, and re-install all, then works fine.
  • My camera stop working on the previous update; but that fixed with phone
  • My music wouldn't search, but it fixed by changing and renaming the music folder.

New Features:

• Now you can plug in a type-c to Ethernet, as before when the Xperia 1 and Xperia XZ2 Premium you couldn't do that. You also get a new icon when you are running on Ethernet. You can turn off LTE, Data, and put on airplane mode.

Pluggable Capture.PNG

• a new feature technique before Android 10, on YouTube, you can now you can choose your multi-window sizing manually. Which makes multi-tasking fun.

In conclusion, in all this update does everything it supposes to do before on Android 9. Compared to other complaints. I don't have game loading crashing issues, nor power drain. Fingerprint works perfectly fine as it did before.