Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
Seamonkey
Visitor

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Hi

I tapped the snooze button on the alarm app on my new Z1 this morning and the screen is now blank but has some brightness to it, however I am unable to switch off/ on. The rest switch under the SIM cover also has no effect. Any ideas?

71 REPLIES 71
gerrybeean
Visitor

Hi. I also have almost the same problem.

My Xperia Z1 was bought from Dubai and I'm now in the Philippines. Last Wednesday, February 3, 2016 my phone suddenly shut down while I was using it. My phone was only 15 days old when this happened, so basically it's now 18 days old. It has a 70% charged when it turned off. I tried to charge it but there's only red blinking light I also tried to do the troubleshooting information some SONY users have povided. When I tried clicking the power and volume up together there was no vibrations, I tried to connect it on my laptop and clicked the 2 buttons together again and it vibrated but still it won't turn on and my laptop can't read it, so I can't do the step wherein I need to update the softwares. It also keeps on connecting and disconnecting. I've read some suggestions such as after the vibration instantly click the volume down and see it the phone will connect but this didn't work for me. My brother went to Sony repair centre but then they've told him that they're not repairing Sony mobiles that was bought from other country. So guys, help me. I don't know what to do.

Tags (2)
UnhappySonyUse1
Visitor

Hi all,having same issue don't see a category for Xperia Z so posted here.

Anyone know how to retrieve my contacts as I don't have them written down am reluctant to send for repair and desperate for help. Have tried the power/volume combo,nothing .

Phone has been plugged in wall socket for 1 hr,plan leave it two hours in case it fully charged down. Spoke to Sony they said send for repairs but can't get numbers I need without phone being switched on.

I have no PC nor access to one only an android tablet,any help please?

christoph76
Visitor

I have tried all the advice given about my phone going blank. The touch screen is not working at all. The phone is clearly working because messages are popping up and calls are coming through but  I cant do anything when I touch the screen? 

Does anyone have any ideas?? Very frustrating! 

Nabeel
Master

Hi

Is the screen completely black or it shows everything fine and is unresponsive to touch ? 

If it's completely black, then it's a hardware problem. You should get it checked at service center.

If it shows everything fine, then you should probably try to repair the phone's software using PC Companion if you haven't tried it yet.

hawie
Visitor

All of a sudden my Sony Z1 just hangs then i either have to switch it off(pressing the power button +volume up) or it just restarts itself.most apps are now not functioning and when it hangs (which it does alotta times) it pops up a message on the screen ""System UI is not responding.Do you want to close?"" then goes off.What should i do?

t996
Visitor

The phone freezing issue happened to me today. While using Facebook my phone freezed and it stayed like that for 3 hours. I was very worried, then I pressed the volume up and restart button together, it vibrated thrice and shut down. Now my phone is working properly Slightly_smiling_Face 

Thank you for the tip!

nadine-khy
Visitor

hello

the same thing is happening to me

my phone battery died' and when i tried recharging it nothing happened

the red led light turns on and off when the phone is charging

tried reseting it.. didn't work, it did vibrate 3 times but nothing happened

i also bought my phone from another country

no idea what to do

my phone has been working for 3 and a half years and never did this problem

help

Nabeel
Master

@nadine-khy Hi

Let your phone remain connected for several hours to the charger and see if it boots up.

DyoZza
Visitor

Hi! I have problem with my Z1 too. The screen isn't working but it's not broken at all. The system is completely fine, notifs are received, missed calls and messages are received, clock is working. Everything is fine. It's just the screen that doesn't work. I want to restart it because I was thinking maybe it will work again after I restart it. The power button works, but I can't touch the screen to restart it. Please, someone tell me how I can solve my problem. Is there an easy solution to make the screen work again or it needs professional repair?
Sadams
Visitor

Put it in your FREEZER over night. After removing it, let it "defrost" in a cool, dry area for a few hours. Press the power buttun until it vibrates, then start charging.

This worked on my Z1s last night. My carrier support rep was useless. She didn't even suggest pressing the volume buttons simultaneously with the power button. The freezer idea ocuurred to me in the middle of the night. I used to do it to reset cordless landline phones/batteries.

I LOVE this phone. I got it when it two years ago and am not ready to trade it in.