Join now - be part of our community!

USB tethering not work after update to 7.1.1

SOLVED
Rammero
Visitor

USB tethering not work after update to 7.1.1

After update to Android 7.1.1 USB tethering has stopped work. When I connect my phone to USB and enable USB tethering function, the icon "Getting a network address" appears on my PC. Then it going with exclamation point in yellow triangle. And that's all, Internet is not working.

Dear developers! Fix this problem please!!! This update have bug.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rammero
Visitor

OK. I hope that this solution will be final 🙂 I just rebooted my phone and after that the Internet began to work properly. I will be glad if my solution to someone help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rammero
Visitor

I have find solution of this trouble. I just have reinstall all drivers of my XPeria on PC. What interesting, my phone began to be defined by PC as MTP, whether in charging or file transfer mode. Also, other services on PC began working. Before it was WudfHost.exe, and now one more - wpdshextautoplay.exe. Let's see what going in future, how it's all will working...

Rammero
Visitor

I'm afraid I hurried with conclusions Slightly_frowning_Face USB tethering still not work Slightly_frowning_Face In next time when I have enabled the USB tethering function, the same icon have appeared with pop-up message "Acquiring ip address" then it going with exclamation point in yellow triangle (on Windows XP). I have tried on Windows 7 and Windows XP - none of them working.

Dear developers, fix this issue please!!! Do as it was before the update to 7.1.1!!! I'm tired to seek a solutions of this problem Slightly_frowning_Face

Rammero
Visitor

OK. I hope that this solution will be final 🙂 I just rebooted my phone and after that the Internet began to work properly. I will be glad if my solution to someone help.