Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot move App from Phone storage to SD Card

yawkuan
Visitor

Cannot move App from Phone storage to SD Card

My Z5 is hungry with space now after upgrading to Andriod 6.0. This is the great problem that all your Apps now are storing in Internal Storage and you cannot move them to SD Card.

The problem is that I am trying to move my App from Phone storage to SD Card, during the action it tell me that I do not have enough space in SD Card. In fact, I do have more than 20GB free space in my SD Card but it cannot move an app with less than 40MB.

All Z5 users, please try and report back on your experience. Please check the Andriod 6.0 will move all your previous app from SD to internal storage after the upgrade.

21 REPLIES 21
pepperlk
Visitor

Is there any solution for it, Rickard?

I'm facing the same issue. I can't move apps to SD card after upgrade to 6.0.1. My internal storage is full frequently. This is really annoyed.

Thanks

Pepperlk

Rhayane_21
Visitor

I am having the same problem with my newly bought sony xperia L1 for my daughter. I bought 64gb sd card so i can download more apps for her but then when i check the storage and tried to move some apps to the sd card to free some internal storage, it says it cant be moved because external storage is full. When i check the external memory i still have 30gb.please fix this.