Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot move App from Phone storage to SD Card

yawkuan
Visitor

Cannot move App from Phone storage to SD Card

My Z5 is hungry with space now after upgrading to Andriod 6.0. This is the great problem that all your Apps now are storing in Internal Storage and you cannot move them to SD Card.

The problem is that I am trying to move my App from Phone storage to SD Card, during the action it tell me that I do not have enough space in SD Card. In fact, I do have more than 20GB free space in my SD Card but it cannot move an app with less than 40MB.

All Z5 users, please try and report back on your experience. Please check the Andriod 6.0 will move all your previous app from SD to internal storage after the upgrade.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
JSCSCO
Visitor

Its nice that someone gave another link to his answer, but that is how to move apps to SD. I am having the same problem, when I choose to move App from internal to SD storage it says there is not enough storage. My card was reformated with nothing on it, so ther is plenty of storage but still says not enough storage on the card.

JSCSCO
Visitor

So I reformatted again. Installed App to SD and restarted phone. Seems to be working now.
TamSE3P
Visitor

This actually has been discussed on XDA before. The issue you guys are having has to do with somewhat large files for applications. When you try to move apps to the SD Card, there's an auto time-out and if that time gets exceeded, the system thinks that there's an issue and displays that error message. I have the same issue. I can transfer files that are usually less than 70mbs but anything over that will display the error message. I am also using a UHS-1 class card so I clearly have a very fast card, but obviously, not fast enough to beat the auto time-out. This is just something Sony will have to fix in the programming and nothing we can do to resolve on our end.

Rickard
Master

I'm sorry to hear that.

I have forwarded this internally and i'll let you know as soon as i have mode information.

Rickard
Master

We have found the cause for not being able to move some large apps to the SD card. This will be fixed in an upcoming software update.

RobertoDS
Contributor

So, Rickard, are u confirming us that on next update (May ?) we're having possibility to move apps to SD Card ? and are we having also Stamina mode as confirmed by your support Staff ?
Blacktiller
Visitor

Hi:

I recently update my Xperia Z5 to Android 6 Marshmallow and some apps don't let me transfer to SD card, it says it's full, when i have about 30 Gb clear.

Thank you for your answer.

Rickard
Master

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you can't move some apps to the SD card.

This may happen with some large apps. This will be fixed in an upcoming software update for the phone.